Aquaponic project

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Thizface, Mar 12, 2012.

1. image-2014755508.jpg

Some better pictures of the ants. Nov 15 now and this is what is left on the plants. Its getting very dark purple but still not 80% amber on the tricomes. Seeing how long it actually takes to get 80% makes me realize why ive never seen pot on the street that was anything more than 10%.

Attached Files:

2. image-4065436835.jpg

Im surrounded by mountains like these on all sides, thats why California's san Joaquin valley has some of the most bad ass soil in the world.

3. You, my friend, have an incredible life you live. Great work!!

Quite inspiring......

4. Thanks hagbone. Cant wait till more people start doing urban farming. Have you seen

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCmTJkZy0rM&sns=em[/ame]

Its a cool news story about an urban farm in Pasadena california.

5. image-397046196.jpg

One more picture of ants!

6. I have! Check this one. One of my favs:

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKKKrJqqYmo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone

7. Yeah i have seen that too hag, my neighbor has a pool that he cant stop from getting green. Ive been trying to talk him into converting it. I will show him this video.

8. You are a gardening boss. Thanks.

9. havent yet seen the pool video, so that was interesting
    ants all look fine to me IF thats why you posted thiz, of course you'll knpw more than me being there yourself, i would personally keep a close eye as it matures and the weather gets colder, ants sorta collect food for winter i think, and thats not something i would spray for or anything, just harvest if it becomes a huge problem

other than that, one of my favorite threads at the moment, ill keep watching:)

10. image-458899661.jpg

Thanks for the support all it really means a lot. We've only been on the land a year im really excited to see what the future will bring.
    On another note we had a storm roll in and we had to harvest. Here is a nice shot my girlfriend took of her favorite.

Im hoping i left enough of the plants in the ground that the plants veg again.

11. We just got finished with trimming now we get to enjoy some scissor hash.

12. The native americans of this valley had no word for starvation when met by the eastern world.

13. When you have lots of varieties of vegetables that are able to pollenate with each other it makes for some really interesting results. You get to watch evolution guided by your hand.

14. Having mountains on all sides keeps the weather out. We rarely get any clouds and are actually classified as a desert by rainfall, but the steep sides of the mountains are all facing the valley so we survive off the snow melt dammed in rivers.

15. [quote name='"oceansgreen"']havent yet seen the pool video, so that was interesting
    ants all look fine to me IF thats why you posted thiz, of course you'll knpw more than me being there yourself, i would personally keep a close eye as it matures and the weather gets colder, ants sorta collect food for winter i think, and thats not something i would spray for or anything, just harvest if it becomes a huge problem

other than that, one of my favorite threads at the moment, ill keep watching:)[/quote]

If i can keep this plant alive my hopes is that the ants food bank will make the plant thrive even more.

16. image-2031928214.jpg

Okay so i went to check out the ants, the ants are definitely up to something they are always busy attending to these bumps on the plant. But also you can see how much bigger the plant they are on compared to the others. That plant also got the least sunlight being so close to the chicken coop.

Attached Files:

17. image-1963043449.jpg

Here is a good shot at what the ants have been farming.

18. Probably harvesting sugar/sap or resin or something.

Wasps were all over my garden and I think they were just getting cellulose and/or plant resins for their paper nests. Mainly on my pepper and sunflowers
    :confused_2:

19. image-1536371581.jpg

Figure I would toss the branch in a container and see if anything happens.

20. Cool izzy, i had black ants all over my sunflowers harvesting sap released by these crazy green scarab beetles.