apricot seeds cure cancer

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by PrettyApache, May 17, 2010.

1. Vitamin B17 is a possible cure/prevention measure for CANCER...supressed by fda.

"Vitamin B17 was the subject of great controversy over 20 years ago when some of the world's top scientists claimed that when consumed, the components of the seed make it 100% impossible to develop cancer and will kill existing cancer in most cases. The pharmaceutical companies pounced on this claim immediately and demanded that FDA studies be conducted. The results of these studies are found in the book "World Without Cancer", by G. Edward Griffin. To order the book call 877-479-3466.

Vitamin B-17, also know as Laetrile and Amygdalin is found in most fruit seeds... namely apricot seeds. The apricot seed was claimed as the cure for all cancers over 35 years ago.

It was even more strongly claimed that when one eats about 7 apricot seeds per day they can never develop cancer, just as one can never get scurvy if they have an orange every day, or pellagra if they have some B vitamins every day.

The pharmaceuticals companies together with the medical establishment pushed the FDA into making it illegal to sell "raw" apricot seeds or vitamin B17 with information about its effects on cancer. Even to this day, you can't get raw apricot seeds in your health food store, only the sun dried ones which have all the important enzymes killed off.

Pharmaceutical companies only conduct studies on patented chemicals they invent so that at the end of their study, if the drug gets approved, they have sole rights on its sale. (They make back tons more than the mere 250 million that they invested) They never do studies on foods that can't be patented and that can be sold by any supermarket."

THOSE BASTARDS.
    :eek:

2. Um....

If vitamin b17 actually cured cancer, wouldn't the pharmaceuticals just make a synthetic version which they could patent?

3. You guys who are calling BS on this have no idea what you're talking about. My grandmother was sentenced to die a month or two after her diagnosis. She could hardly walk, was vomiting blood, and was on the fast track to death. After doing some research on vitamin B-17, i began to talk to her about it. Introducing it into her system, along with some other dietary/health changes, she was able to live on an extra 10 years.
    Basically, cancer cells manipulate in the body because of a lack of this essential vitamin. Many people are so far along with their diagnosis that even introducing the vitamin has no effect. Their body is simply so damaged from the cancer cell manipulation, that there is no turning back. My grandmother was very lucky, she was able to get an amazing 10 extra years out of her life.
    So before you start calling out BS, at least do some research. A world without cancer: the story of vitamin b-17 by Geroge Orwell is a great book, along with a documentary based on the book which you can find on youtube (in parts).

4. Vitamin B-17 used to be found in all multivitamin supplements up until around the 1970's, when it was mysteriously yanked out of them, and banned by the FDA. Many natural food sources of the vitamin are hard to find, and the ones that are easier to come across (blackberries, apple seeds, etc) are so riddled with pesticides and such, that any traces of the vitamin are killed off. I suggest eating a few teaspoons of flax seeds a day. Very potent source
    If it can't make the pharmaceutical companies money, it won't do.

5. I'm not calling B.S. on it, it could be true.

But saying that the cure for cancer was outlawed by the FDA in order to help pharmaceutical companies make money is pretty out there don't you think?

Moreover, you can patent genetically modified seeds. Monsanto owns pretty much all soybeans now because of this. So if apricot seeds cured cancer, then pharmaceutical companies could genetically modify them is some nominal, insignificant way then patent it and make billions.

Also, I still can't see why making a synthetic, patentable, B17 is not an option.

These are two ways in which the pharmaceutical companies could patent and sell B17. The fact that they don't do this leaves me very skeptical about vitamin B17's cancer fighting properties.

I am also wondering why the FDA banned it. Even if the reason is just an 'excuse' to ban it, I would still like to hear it.

7. It's not a vitamin and the reason for removal isn't "mysterious" at all. It was removed because the compound contains naturally occurring cyanide.

8. Maybe its the cyanide that kills the cancer cells :rolleyes:

9. 2 more sheeple you guys do know that FDA is corrupt as the rest of the gov't is. If people don't get cancer guess what big Pharma doesn't make any money. Do you also know its illegal to treat cancer with anything besides Chemo, drugs radiation. Ever heard of Phoenix Tears? That can cure alot of things.

10. I know how corrupt the FDA is, but that doesn't mean they start making poor business decisions.

The core of your FDA corruption thinking is money. "they will do things that hurt people to make money"

Well guess what?

They will do things that help people to make money too.

And in this case if B17 cured cancer, there are 2 ways I see that people could make money off of it.
    1.) make a synthetic version, patent it and sell it
    2.) genetically modify the apricot/flax seed in a nominal way, patent it and sell it.

And it is illegal to treat cancer with other things because it is illegal for a doctor to use a drug for an unintended purpose. The FDA does research/reviews research on the benefit of different therapies (chemical or other wise) and if they find that the therapy is helpful in treating the condition, it becomes OK for Doctors to prescribe those therapies for those reasons.

Drugs can have a lot of different effects on the body, even depending on the condition the body is in. So drug A might be helpful in treaty malaria, but it might harm a patient with something else. The body is an insanely complicated system and even if a drug seems like a great idea for treating some illness, it could have many unforeseen (even impossible to foresee) side effects.

That is why the FDA limits the use of drugs to only their intended purposes, hence making it illegal to treat cancer with anything that is not meant to treat cancer.

oh and I would say that the FDA is more corrupt than most of the government.

11. I dont know if apricot seeds actually cure cancer. But if it does, I gaurantee the pharmaceutical company make a lot more money from donations and investments into curing cancer then the money they would make from selling B17. And after all, they are out for a profit not to help people.

12. I feel as though a cure would generate more money than the current donations.

A lot of people get cancer, and the pharmaceutical company sets the price.

Moreover, if B17 prevents cancer, as the OP suggests, think of all the people who would pay to take a pill everyday in order to never get cancer.
    Now that is a lot of money.

13. They've prob done the math and found it isn't worth the investment.

14. An actual cost-benefit analysis will be impossible for us compete or even hypothesize about.

However, I believe (hope) a cure for cancer is economical enough to be made

15. Whenever I see something on the internet that says "----- Cures cancer, banned by FDA!!!!!", I just roll my eyes and skip the article.

16. they tried that with THC too and the result was horrid. They couldn't do it nature is a big mystery why try to change it if it isn't broken? You can't patent nature.

17. What I don't understand Is why some sites will say apricot seeds or apple seeds are POISONOUS

like ok

maybe it doesn't do anything
    but why do people seem to have the need to claim its poisonous

I understand "Vitamin B17" is a compound of cyanide but compounds of poisonous things are not poisonous in themselves

so why the misinformation?
    If someone could conclusively show me that "Vitamin B17" is not poisonous or is in fact poisonous I would greatly appreciate it.:hello:

The other thing is that cancer research is about new cancer treatments. Ways to improve quality of life and keep them living longer but keep them sick. Research costs money, the people that do the research want to make money...I just don't think cures for cancer would make the most money for the industry

The flip side is that people that want to give hopeful terminally ill patients hope also want to make money, and I wouldn't doubt there are a billion scams out there that don't do anything to alleviate cancer

I guess you just gotta doubt everything but you know...
    if "Vitamin B17" isn't poisonous, and its cheap, and it gives someone hope...

well...placebos do work. Hope, optimism, all these things work...

18. The traces of cyanide in it are in the cyanide radical (CN) form, and cyanide only becomes hazardous to the body when it meets an ion of hydrogen. The reason cyanide compounds break down cancer cells, is because they have the enzyme Beta glucosidase found in them, while regular cells do not.
    And i don't claim to be a chemist or anything, i have just done a lot of research and seen the effects of it first hand on my grandmother. And who knows, maybe the lifestyle changes and therapy she was receiving helped save her life, regardless of the b17. I'm just saying, if you have cancer it's worth a shot. There's enough positive research for it, to outweigh any negative research on it. So, might as well try whatever you can.
    And if b17 was truly harmless, i'd be long gone by now. I try to eat some flax seed daily, often eat raspberries/apple seeds/other exotic fruits, and i feel perfectly healthy.
    I didn't mean to cause another fight in a thread, just trying to promote it as more of a positive add-on to any already existing cancer treatment.