Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Tokers' Guide to Bud Quality, Quantity, and Pieces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Phased, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I just bought my first personal buds yesterday. Dub of high-mid; not too bad according to this.

2. Just wanted to say thanks for this awesome thread, im really new myself to this and so many of my unasked questions were answered. :)

3. hi how r U?

4. yea nice job!

5. very nize i knew most of this except about the buds and the glass on bud thats jus crazy why ruin perfectly good bud ? any ways id pluz rep but idk if i got sum and idk how lmao

6. 1st post for me, good guide. I'm pretty new to smoking btw, about 2 months into it, smoking at least once a week a week, usually much more though.

7. Glad to see people are reading my guide and thanks for all the great comments so far.

Glass or silica is usually sprayed on bud to add weight. Growers and distributors will spray their bud with these materials in order to simply sell less bud for the same amount of money. This maximizes profit, but obviously screws everyone else over.

I would advise heavily against smoking either of these products.

If you know for sure wether your bud was sprayed with silica or glass, it is okay to smoke glass-sprayed bud out of a water-filtered pipe or a bong.

However, if you are completely unsure, do not smoke your bud. Silica spray is most common in Europe, however when Silica is inhaled, the user will contract Silicosis.

Silicosis is an ailment for which there is no cure and its purpose is to make YOU more susceptible infectious diseases of the lungs, such as lung cancer and tuberculosis.

8. I have a question: Why are some glass pipes more expensive than other ones? I went to a headshop today and saw a quite heavy and bug Sherlock Bubbler selling for about $45 and next to it was a thinner Sherlock Bubbler for about $64. The first one felt really heavy and sturdy but the more expensive one had different fuming, yet had thinner glass.

Both were about the same size. Both were handmade at the shop. What would make glass pipes more expensive than others?

9. Possibly color-changing glass or even incorrectly labeled prices. Often times if you go to a headshop you may want to ask them to clarify prices. I know at Secrets in Chicago everything is 80% or so of its shelf price. You may just have to ask, or it may have something to do with fuming or blowing techniques used or the components of the bubbler.

Diffused downstem. There's always the possibility of stuff you can't see.

10. Thanks, after your response I went back to the shop n talked to the guy n he explained that the cheaper piece was just solid glass n the other had color changing fuming. Thanks for the help

11. Great thread. I've been smoking for nearly 40 years and you really clued me in. I always wondered what grade of pot I've been growing. I knew it was good, just not how good. Thanks for the chart. Also, I like the little sales guide you gave. I'm glad I don't have to worry about buying. I've been growing for about 10 years now. Good to see your thread made it as a sticky. Very helpful.

12. thats an awesome guide! i've been smoking a few times a day for a year now and i learned a bit from that. one thing i would suggest is to add something on grinders, kief, and hash though, because a lot of people don't know what hash is, or call the actually buds hash, and i know that when i learned about grinders they saved me a lot of time and effort... and i have that wonderful kief! hehe. just a suggestion.

im going to send this to my friend, because he's the biggest smoking noob out there haha...

peace

13. Thanks man i now know what a Chillum is, good guide.

14. hey man, i know you discussed buying a ounce and measuring out sizes (o, half o, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, gram, etc.) and snapping some pics for size comparison in one of my threads. are you still gonna do so? cause that'd be awesome.

15. I was planning on it, but this thread is old so I can no longer edit it.

Not sure if that's something the administrators can reverse, but I won't be able to edit the post until that's done.

16. Well even if not you could make another post showing sizes and it'll probably get sticked. Just a suggestion though.

17. Nice, very good read

18. Here is something that blew my mind. One TONNE of good ol MJ. HOLY FK IMAGINE!!
    Imagine if it all caught on fire! holy shit anyone in that area would be fucking dead. that has to be LD50.
    [​IMG]

19. amazing thread. +rep

20. Thank you for the guide. + Rep for sure