Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Tokers guide to basic weed etiquette!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lawn Boy, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Getting high is fairly easy task, but what many new stoners haven't quite picked up yet is the etiquette that goes along with it. Experienced stoners know the endless frustration of torched bowls, fucked up rotations and mooching that a new toker (sometimes called "that guy") can often bring to a session. Bad manners through ignorance or disregaurd are one of the fastest ways to never get invited back for another bowl, so don't be "that guy" and take these rules to heart.

1. Always listen to advice!
    It isn't the end of the world when you torch a bowl on accident, but doing it over and over again when you have been told not to proves that you are as dumb as you act. If someone tells you not to do something or gives you advice, don't take it personally! They are only trying to help. Weed etiquette isn't uniform throughout the world, so there may be things that local smokers will tell you to do that aren't covered in this guide.

2. Don't torch the bowl!
    This is one of the most common newbie mistakes and a universally accepted rule in all smoking circles. Only burn a little bit of the green on a fresh bowl so that everyone gets some. Cornering makes the bowl taste better and last longer, so it's just common sense to do it.

3. Puff it, then pass it!
    When the pipe, bong, blunt, etc. gets to you, take your hit and pass it on immediately after you are done. Nothing is more annoying then when someone is in the middle of a story, gets the bowl and just sits there for fifteen minutes talking, neither passing or smoking it. Finish your sentance, pause for your hit, then continue once you are done and you won't annoy anyone (unless your story sucks).

4. Know the rotation!
    It pisses some people off to no end when the bong is going to the right, and yet somehow it gets back to them the same way they sent it. Don't be the guy who is always going "who does this go to now?" Know the person who you get the piece from and who you give it to when you are done to avoid confusion and double hits.

5. Control yourself!
    Have you ever been with someone who is smoking and they act way, way too stoned? You know, the guy who screams "I'M SO HIGH YOU GUYS!" in the middle of the grocery store, rolls around on the ground feeling the grass or carpet, etc? It annoys the fuck out of everyone else, and can be a major buzzkill, so just be calm and chill the hell out when you get baked.

6. Don't be a moocher!
    This is one of those things that many people don't realize they are guilty of until it is to late. If someone smokes you up, make sure to pay them back somehow, mainly by smoking your own weed with them some other time. If you don't have weed to throw down on a session buying the munchies is a great way to keep the score even. Giving rides to stoners without a car is also a good way to pay someone back, though eventually you WILL be expected to smoke someone else up as opposed to giving rides or buying food instead.

7. Don't be stingy!
    I used to know this dude. I'll call him J. I introduced J to weed. I smoked around two dozen bowls with him before he worked up the courage to purchase his own. When he did, I asked to smoke with him on account of all the times I had gotten him stoned. He told me that he expected me to smoke him up the next day if he did so that things would be "even" between us. He was the type who wouldn't get you something from the dollar menu, despite his purchasing a full meal for himself, even when you had smoked a few bowls of dank with him not a half hour before and drove him to get food. J did this to everyone. He also doesn't have any friends anymore. Don't be like J.

There are many finer points to smoking etiquette, but I won't be listing them here. This is, after all, the BASIC etiquette guide, though I do suggest that anyone who has something else to add does so. Following these rules should keep you in good standing with your stoner buddies. Above all, make sure to keep learning as you smoke more.

2. pretty informative + rep

3. i've seen plenty of posts similar to this but this one seems to be the most unbiased and imformative

4. good shit

5. i kinda feel bad for J its almost like i know him and i can see him crying without his friends but with his full meal.

6. I would buy you a dollar menu item.

7. when i'd go over to my sisters or friends house before i started buying my own i'd always bring drinks and munchies just to say thank you for sharing. course now when my friends come over i share.

so yea antoher thing that i've been told by a couple people is to try not to talk about depressing things . sometimes its hard especially if you just lost someone but that's why i say try not to you dont want to be a downer

8. Good guide. I'm going to add one thing though.

Don't try and scare the rest of the people in the smoking circle. Don't talk about how so-and-so got caught by the cops or how cops always roam around where you're smoking (unless you legitimately believe you'll get rolled up on). DEFINITELY don't say "POLICE!" or "FIVE-O" just to scare the other people. It's a huge buzzkill, especially to newer tokers who just want to have a good time. Being a jackass is the quickest way to get kicked out of a circle

9. I HATE that guy. One of my few friends who smokes is THAT guy. He's the guy at KFC who stands in line for 5 minutes and laughs and goes "fuck it, man" and totally makes it obvious. I understand acting like a dumbass, but don't do it in public, it just gives you away. Nothing is worse than being embarrassed while high, because that leads to paranoia.

10. Yeah like Saul eating his cheeseburger on the playground alone... with the little girl watching him...:laughing:

11. +rep, and sticky!

12. Thanks that was prety helpfull, and they are all true especially the control yourself one, just gives me the tom tits when people do that.

13. Hey has #5 ever happened to you Lawn Boy? lol seems kind of specific

14. #7 is the best rule you made. When I first started smoking, all kinds of people smoked me up, and thats how I started loving it. Then when I started buying I smoked them up, and it was even. I always smoke out my friends, and they do it back. I hate those people that are stingy about weed and never share or expect to be smoked up. Just chill, there is enough bud. No one likes people that keep track and expect to be paid back. It all comes around.

15. I have a rule that is slightly different, "Take two puff before passing it to next person" I do not know why but everyone I know does that.

16. #16 Way2HigH4You_iX, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
    dont be a kittles..

btw nice guide, people that do that kind of stuff get annoying fastt, expecially when they don't learn after the first time

+rep

oh and #5
    i had a friend that did both of those.
    first time he got high he was bouncing on the bridge for 15min straight looking at the sky, i was like wtf?
    a few weeks later he went to my house, we got baked. and when he was about to go home he walked down the stairs, and when my dad was in the living room watching tv he goes "IM SOOO BLOWNN DUDEE"

17. Just got done laughing my ass off. :) +rep

18. excellent guide, but if you add to this guide and make it more complete, it might get stickied.