Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Applying for a Job

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by drowski, Oct 6, 2008.

1. do i need to tell my potential employer that i have a medical marijuana card? if i chose not to tell them is there any way they would find out?

2. Unless you have a job that can impact public safety (truck driver, etc), why would you? You wouldn't tell about any other medical prescription use!

There is no LEGAL way your employer can find out that you use. However, leaks happen. I do not trust my local government and do not have the optional county card (couldn't get one if I wanted! They are STILL just talking about issuing them in my county!). All that is needed to be "legal" is the recommendation from the doctor.

Granny :wave:

3. No, you do not need to tell your employer, though you may want to try to figure out whether or not they are sympathetic to your ailment first. There is currently NO protection for legal MMJ patients in any state that has MMJ laws for employment, meaning that you can still be fired or denied a job even though you have a legal recommendation and there's nothing you can do about it.

Obviously I wouldn't recommend going for a job where there is for sure drug testing or a background check, however those types of jobs are only in certain sectors, so you should be able to avoid them as nessary.