Applying for a job at Target in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Phil01, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Here in Massachusetts pot is now legal (even if retail sales are moving at a snail's pace). Applying on line for a position at Target I read that they do drug tests and pot is among the drugs they test for. Now, I'm sure they use the same application form across the country but I'm afraid if I just come out and ask them if the still test for pot they could discriminate against me and I could never prove it. Have any smokers had an experience with applying at a Target in Mass.(or another legal state)?

2. Legal to use does not mean employers have to allow it. It's still seen as a way to... If you'll pardon the pun....weed potential low performers out legally. Even if legal states pass a law trying to reduce that screening, and business can claim workplace safety (bathroom chemicals handled, heavy boxes, pallet jacks, etc).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. I see. Thanks for the info! Even if it's not what I'd like to hear. lol!!

4. Due to it still being federally illegal a workplace can still fire you or not hire based on testing positive for cannabis, even if you are a medical patient. For a job like target, find a friend who doesnt smoke or do other drugs and use their pee instead when you go in for your test

5. Thanks!!

6. Update: Interestingly, I never got tested at Target and got the job! One of the forms I filled out had a space that mentioned drug testing but I didn't have to sign it and they never tested. However, they may still test for some other positions there. You need a licence if you'll be using a forklift and I'm betting that will require a pee test.