Apple tv anyone?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by pun650, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Short story, have had an iPhone for the last like 4 yrs, jailbroken the whole time.

Just got an apple tv 3rd gen, was wondering if any of you blades have a jailbroken apple tv and could shed some light on what this tiny box can do

2. I'm pretty sure the 3rd gen hasn't been jailbroken. The second gen has and I don't think the developers have done much with it yet.

Your looking at the "stock" experience, at least for now.

3. [quote name='"Jakeoster"']I'm pretty sure the 3rd gen hasn't been jailbroken. The second gen has and I don't think there is much development for it yet.

Your looking at the "stock" experience, at least for now.[/quote]

Yeah was reading a bit this morning, they are releasing the untethered jailbreak for it by the end of the month.

Just wondering what I can expect in terms of free content. Currently torrent/stream from a horridly slow netbook.

4. idk my friend has one and we just play music from the iphone through the tv. you can also loon at videos and stuff

5. [quote name='"quedlife"']idk my friend has one and we just play music from the iphone through the tv. you can also loon at videos and stuff[/quote]

Yeah I gotta update my phone to ios6 to be able to air play.

Prolly gotta do that tmrw lol :/

6. i dont believe jailing breaking apple tvs does to much... i believe it just lets you play other file formats...

i have an atv 2, im going to look into this further...

7. [quote name='"KushFarmer"']i dont believe jailing breaking apple tvs does to much... i believe it just lets you play other file formats...

i have an atv 2, im going to look into this further...[/quote]

Apparently you can stream Hulu and other things with xbmc.

8. jail breaking lets you use XBMC aka amazing media center software to stream all your networked folders/files of various formats....

9. U can use it with Mac OS. AirParrot gives airplay functionality if you don't have mountain lion.

10. Yeah if you can put xbmc on it definitely do it ASAP. XBMC is bomb