Apparently

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dank-a-sauras, Dec 8, 2012.

1. You can smoke 5 weeks after having brain surgery. That's right ya'll. I'm epileptic, and 5 weeks ago I had the second of two surgeries to help. First surgery occurs Nov. 20. They cut open the right side of my head and lay a grid of electrodes on top and insert two wires, one to the hippocampus and one to the amygdala. I then stayed in the hospital for a week where I had two seizures and they picked up the data from wires running out of the grid and into a computer. At the end of the week they go back in, take the gridd off. They then cut out part of my right temporal lobe, right hippocampus, and right amygdala. After 3 more days healing they sent me home. I had some restrictions, no lifting, so drinking. I abstained from smoking because, well, they just took out 3 pieces of my brain. Last Thursday I picked up a slice. Smoked Friday night, and got torched since I hadn't smoked in well over a month. I have 0 side effects, started working out again, and started a new career 3 weeks ago. I've got pictures of my brain, and the bitching scar that came with it. I don't know if I'm allowed to post those here because it is a graphic photo. But yeah, I'm missing three pieces of mah brain and I feel fantastic, the same as before the surgery if not better. :cool: :D :yay:

• Like Like x 2
  2. nice man so your feeling better now, that's good. didn't they cut out the 3 pieces becasue those were the 3 defective pieces causing the seizures? medical technology has come a long way. i wish i was just coming off a month long t break

as far as i know there isn't a ban on graphic photos, just nude photos, so post them as soon as you get a chance.

3. Yup, with the data that they got from the seizures they were able to see that those pieces were misfiring. They really only had to take out the temporal lobe because it was there on the way in, but it was also misfiring too but not as much.

4. Sorry about how big they are.

5. Woah gnarly.

You got sexy brain veins

6. Ain't that some shit? Neurologist and EMU tech were in the room during surgery, apparently I have a good looking brain. :)

7. #8 grass man420, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    HOLY SHIT THAT'S A BIG BRAIN.

Is it true that you have to be awake for brain surgery?

I heard it's so that if they pull a wrong wire you can tell them or maybe your leg would just start twitching spastically or something.

8. Not this particular surgery but there are some where you need to be awake when they are working near your language and eye areas so they can talk to you and confirm they haven't fucked up.

9. dude im happy everything came out okay. i have a friend who had the same procedure done to him. and those pics are fucking gnarly. gore pics don't freak me out but there's something about seeing an alive brain in someones skull that really gives me the willies. O__o

feeling any pain at all?

10. Awesome op, fuck I wish I hadn't opened this thread

11. that's good you were able to be knocked out for that then, i would hate to be awake and have them cutting pieces of my brain out. it would forever be scarred in my memory i imagine.

12. Honestly. The pic didn't trip me out as much as I thought it would

13. Incision pain, nothing that 2-3 Tylenol can't solve. They gave me Vics when I got out but they suck and make you wicked constipated. :mad:

If I work out too hard the pressure starts to build up so I have to quit.

14. Wow. Good luck with the recovery

15. [quote name='"Fuck You Also"']Honestly. The pic didn't trip me out as much as I thought it would[/quote]

Dude i tripped the fuck out looking at that hahahaa so gnarly OP. i cant even comprehend how someone can be a brain surgeon, or a surgeon in general. Sawing off the skull, poking at their brain and shit oh my god lol

16. Thats a fuckin awesome scar, good to hear youre doin well.

17. Mmmmmmm brainsssss....

18. Bad ass scar OP!

19. Good luck on the recovery man glad to hear everything is ok.

But now I can't stop thinking some zombie somewhere is trying to fap to them brain veins.