Apocathary-Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by PadrePuff, Jan 16, 2020.

1. #1 PadrePuff, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    I have Chronic pain, fibromyalgia, migraines, arthritis, spondylitis, acute spondylitis, anxiety, depression, PTSD and essential tremors. heart attack, high blood pressure., and opiate withdrawl.was dealt with as well.
    I have had over thirty surgeries mostly on spine . Had been prescribed opiates in 94 for chronic pain before first spinal surgery, later just stronger opiates becoming addicted and dependent besides kidney and liver problems as well as a heart attack and two stents in my heart. Also, dependent on pain management doctors like they were my dealers.
    Many people helped with my decision after years of research into benefits and potential problems with cannabis use including the stigma as I am a real priest.
    Thank God since end of September with the help of my neurosurgeon I have been free of opiates that I had been on last 36 years and only on Medical Cannabis and CBD flower. If anyone is facing similar problems I'll gladly help with information. We need to compile more information for patients to be free of drugs that damage liver, kidneys and heart disease to line big Pharma pockets.
    More real patient information available on strains and doses for fellow sufferers.

Other drug (prescribed) references removed. - ICGreen

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Cactus Ed, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020
    Perhaps we do need to compile more information on how to kick some drugs but Grasscity really isn't the place for that. Forum rules prohibit the discussion of any drugs other than weed, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine. Welcome to Grasscity.

3. Forum rules prohibit the discussion of any drugs other than weed, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine. Welcome to Grasscity.[/QUOTE]

I think maybe our circuits got crossed. I'm not talking about street drugs. I am trying to start an honest conversation about the benefits of "Medical Cannabis and CBDs", in place of things that have been prescribed for various conditions by the "Medical Community", as a whole.
    For instance if someone has used a specific strain that has helped with anxiety, migraines, depression, PTSD or Chronic pain.
    Now if discussdis the benefits of "Medical Cannabis" isn't allowed on this forum I simply will not discuss it.
    Blessing's and good toking

4. I'm sure Ed is just trying to make sure you don't run afoul our Moderators. Use something like " prescribed Big Pharma pain killers" rather then by actual name.

For my own uses strain is not that important. It just needs to be high THC as that is what stops my post surgical pain in its tracks.
    Edible oil as that gives me all day relief vs 45 minutes if smoked.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. I know what Ed was trying to express to me it just made me feel like I was talking about "don't use heroin or meth get the same effects by using this strain". I have been talking to medical cannabis doc's like Dr. Lynda Blee, that's also "High Times" contributor about how fellow pain sufferers as well as mental health sufferers are having to stumble around the hoops of Big Government because they don't want to lose the kickbacks. Therefore Medical Cannabis is not truly legal in any part of this country.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's true, we can't even discuss prescribed drugs by name.
    Threads on the medical benefits are good as long as the drugs are not mentioned.

:smoke:

7. Can I say rhymes with "Roxy" just kidding. I get the idea really I do and will abide as long as I am not thrown off.
    I did not realize that however, I will now.
    Peace Love Blessing's and good toking bud

• Like Like x 1
  8. generally while talking about cannabis as medicine we tend to not even need mention other drugs that are basically doing the same thing that phytocannabinoids from cannabis do... we move over to the cannabinoid sciences and start from there...
    phytocannabinoids access G protein-coupled receptors... 50% of approved and prescribe synthetic meds are formulated to target those Gi receptors as well... cannabis competes with 50% of the medications we have in hospitals...
    the best thing about cannabis = Metabolism !!! different methods of metabolism can be attained depending on how you treat treat the plant, or process it and then consume it...
    Raw cannabis provides a certain type of metabolism... with different varietals there are even more different expressions per varietal too...
    there are many different delivery methods each with their own merit... so one plant multiple medical deliveries = Pharmas worst nightmare

9. See my bud that is what concerned me about the direction of this condition. Now everyone is talking about me "mentioning drugs", instead of focusing on the health benefits of Medical Cannabis for various ailments. That is exactly what what I was trying to explain to High Times, even some "Medical Cannabis ", and "Recreational Cannabis", friendly sites are stifling the various strains and correlating meds they can replace are kept silenced.

10. Well the one additional post certainly wasn't about you mentioning "other drugs" so not sure on what that came from.
    It is a touchy subject, yet one the owners won't currently change their mind on.

At the same time, just saying the good herb can substitute for pharmaceuticals, and providing links o studies or simply discussing the merits can go a long ways.

:smoke:

11. I meant in general. So the way I updated the story to see if more are willing to share is okay and within the guidelines? I just don't want to be able to see if we can help each other as a community while being respectful to the guidelines.

12. Forgive me Father I have sinned , it has been 35yrs since my last confession .............. Welcome Father.
    Cannabis has saved me also.

13. I can only hear your Confession by Skype.

I'm glad you found it also. After opiates use for 35 years I had to show for it besides being addicted, was a heart attack, bad kidneys and liver. But I have since realized marijuana is a "Gateway Drug, ". A "Gateway Drug", to better health.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 20200122_134301.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Almost as if a Great being has shown you the way.........................
    Welcome, will be interesting having a man of the cloth amongst the weeds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think maybe our circuits got crossed. I'm not talking about street drugs. I am trying to start an honest conversation about the benefits of "Medical Cannabis and CBDs", in place of things that have been prescribed for various conditions by the "Medical Community", as a whole.
    For instance if someone has used a specific strain that has helped with anxiety, migraines, depression, PTSD or Chronic pain.
    Now if discussdis the benefits of "Medical Cannabis" isn't allowed on this forum I simply will not discuss it.
    Blessing's and good toking[/QUOTE]
    i was on xxxx for 12 years ( for spondylosis of the neck) i gave them up 9 years ago ,with the help of a good strong Afghani strain ,cannabis also helps me with arthritis what i have in most joints in my body ,,i admit i still take the odd couple of codeine tabs each day ,but i feel a lot better without the hard core oxys ,,,mac/

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. A padre hey Padre are you there

• Like Like x 1
  18. i was on xxxx for 12 years ( for spondylosis of the neck) i gave them up 9 years ago ,with the help of a good strong Afghani strain ,cannabis also helps me with arthritis what i have in most joints in my body ,,i admit i still take the odd couple of codeine tabs each day ,but i feel a lot better without the hard core oxys ,,,mac/[/QUOTE]

I thought about that every other forum and High Times are wanting this discussion to happen. We'll see where it goes

19. Yes I am over.