APB: Reloaded.....on life support.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Ẅest Čoast, Dec 8, 2011.

1. I installed the release version of the game, and played it for about 45 min. before realizing it's as glitchy as it was when it first shut down. For Christ sake how the fuck do you change clothes? Shit just doesn't work. I can only wear the generic bullshit you start out with. I purchased a few clothing items from my contact, only to find out I can't change into the purchased clothing. They made the inventory menus confusing for no reason. The tutorial doesn't really help, as it explains nothing!. The game play is broken as it was before. From what I remember of the old version...ain't shit changed!

I want to like this game. it's just all over the place and half-assed. All they did was change the publisher and released the same half-assed game as it was before.

2. Really? You're pissed off because you didn't know you should go to the SOCIAL district and customize your character there? REALLY? You don't work. The game is so damn simple, it's not broken. You just went in half-assed and expected everything to be handed to you. APB doesn't need you anyways. And by the way, not only was the publisher changed the developer was too. Real Time Studios closed down if I remember correctly.

3. never even heard of it...

its on steam, its free, its downloading lol

4. It's fucking broken. There is no way around that fact. It's funny you mentioned the developer changed, yet the physics are still the same as they were from the previous version. It feels like I'm playing a beta version in the mid of it's development. It's 2011, bullets should make some kind of visible damage to a vehicle. Shatter a damn windshield at least.

As far as the game being really simple, how is a noob supposed to figure out that he/she needs to go to social district to change your clothes, when you have the option to do so from any inventory box around the city. Why is that option given when it does not work? Maybe it's the reason 95% of players are running around in the same generic clothing? The tutorial teaches you absolutely nothing. It gives you a few sample missions but does not explain how and what. I feel like nothing has changed from the previous version? Still got a shit load of fools who exploit this game for nothing more than the fact that they can though.

Like I said, I want to like the game...the concept is there...just poor execution.

5. [quote name='"fluffykush"']

It's fucking broken. There is no way around that fact. It's funny you mentioned the developer changed, yet the physics are still the same as they were from the previous version. It feels like I'm playing a beta version in the mid of it's development. It's 2011, bullets should make some kind of visible damage to a vehicle. Shatter a damn windshield at least.

As far as the game being really simple, how is a noob supposed to figure out that he/she needs to go to social district to change your clothes, when you have the option to do so from any inventory box around the city. Why is that option given when it does not work? Maybe it's the reason 95% of players are running around in the same generic clothing? The tutorial teaches you absolutely nothing. It gives you a few sample missions but does not explain how and what. I feel like nothing has changed from the previous version? Still got a shit load of fools who exploit this game for nothing more than the fact that they can though.

Like I said, I want to like the game...the concept is there...just poor execution.[/quote]

Dude I'm guessing you are acclimated to console gaming or something...

So many pc only games now are waaaay more fucked up than this game is lol....

Its also a game, which you are treating in a sense that it should be an almost perfect virtual reality.... high standards for something that's free

6. Actually I play most of my games on PC. The thing is, you haven't played this game when it first came out. My main disappointment is that..."ain't shit changed" from previous version. What's the point in re-launching the game, if all you're going to do is slap the word Reloaded to the title. I was hoping it would be tweaked and had a little more flow to it than the previous version. But once I installed the game, it only took a few minutes to see that "ain't shit changed" lol.

By the way, the game wasn't free to begin with. They were actually selling it on amazon downloads for $20 while it was still in beta stages. I guess at the last minute they decided to make it a F2P game. I wonder what happens to people that actually bought the game only to find out it's now a F2P game and their CD-KEY is useless.

To me, the game is a major let down. But it is what it is. If you like it, enjoy it while it lasts.