apartment grow techniques

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Pvt.Smokey, Mar 26, 2010.

1. iight so since i was about 15 iv wanted to grow my own weed iv been reading up about it and experimenting and asking questions and getting alot of sound adivce from this website!!! i use to have a couple threads up showing my grows they all did very well b4 either my mom found it and made me throw it away or something else happened. my last grow was in ky and let me tell you ky is THE PLACE TO GROW QUALITY WEED THE WEATHER IS FUCKIN PERFECT AND THERE IS A SHIT LOAD OF WIDE OPEN FEILDS OF WHEAT WHERE THE PLANTS JUST BLEAND IN AND GETS SUN LIGHT ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!! but anyway i always made the mistake of growing to late i would always hessitate and start in like late may early june and my plants woukld be tiny but my last grow i got a tiny plant that got me a big blunt i was very happy hahahahahaha:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: anyway after that i joined the millitary and got cought smoking a bunch of times so i had to stop smoking for awhile but anyway im about to get my own place so im gunna finnaly have the funds and place to do it successfully and do it the right way so give me some ideas on a small grow set up 2 or 3 plants max in say a closet or something of that area so throw me some ideas and im gunna spend some money on some good strains one of them is gunna be le fruite defendu from amsterdam seeds .com check it out throw me some ideas:smoking:

2. thats funny dude.. im in the same boat.. got out a lil while ago and doing my thing... i got a grow tent and pieced together a dwc system with air pump and lines and am just tryin to figre out the best situation for fans ventilation and lighting so i can pik that up and rock out. if u got ne input let me know

3. this is what iv been wanting to grow for like almost 5 years im planning on either hyroponics system of just goin old school and getting 5 gallon buckets and filling them with some organic soil and just making my own mix of super nutes lol surprisingly the last grow i had i used mirical grow moisture control and it worked great .many people say it will kill then but i never had any problem but im goin orgainic this time

Attached Files:

4. my brother jus sprouted a couple scram seeds he got n hes runniin them in the tent wit a bullshit light n they r makin good progress. im lookin to get some really good purp seed

5. what do you want to know? what i would need to know is what are your space restrictions? just remember the more light the more ventalation you need and the higher power bill youll have, on the flip side the more light you have the bigger yeild you get. also if you plan on ding hydro in an apartment then you need to put some tarp down on the floor so it doesnt get the carpet wet. thats not just to keep your carpet from staining but also to keep your room from atracting mold by having the carpet holding moisture. I also HIGHLY recomend getting a carbon filter for the smell! in an apartment you dont want youre neighbors smelling it, and if you still in the military you definitely dont want you ncos comming in and smelling it.even if you have a med car letting your neighbors know its there is just begging to be robbed! other than that if you have anyspecific question hit me up!

6. il post the space restrictions as soon as i get the apartment and now that i think about it hydro probly is"nt the way to go . the place iv spotted so far for growing is a closet/shed thing on my back porch its about 3 foot wide and 5/6 feet long and about 6 feet high it should be plenty of room for just 3 plants and im also considering just using cfl's every one is dead set on using high power lamps when i have had GREAT success with a few high power cfls . and another good thing about being in an apartment is the utilitys are paid for including electricity so i think il be fine if i keep the light on the inside to a min to keep the meter normal or atleast not to high as to cause suspicion with the electrical company im just wandering what should i use to line the walls for better reflection, placement of light , diy odor control, nute mixs, and lightproofing ideas any info or ideas at all would be helpful