Apartment Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MCannabis430, May 22, 2014.

1. So let's say I was growing in a closet in my apartment. Should I be concerned about the smell getting me caught more than anything? I feel like as long as you're smart about it you're good. Should I invest in a carbon filter and an intake outtake fan? Or would something like opening the closet door every once in a while for 10 minutes or so would be good to replace the air space?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 lFourTwenty, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    Yes the smell can get you caught especially in an apartment..at least get a carbon filter but sometimes even that doesn't take all the smell out..I have been using a combination of carbon filters and ona gel..works really good 

And opening the closet door is only going to make the smell worse in the apartment..when I open the door, my whole house instantly smells like strong weed

3. You'd be fine for the first half of veg, but I wouldn't grow anywhere that you wouldn't sit down and smoke whole blunt without someone smelling it. Unless you get a carbon filter and exhaust fan.

4. #4 GoldGrower, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    It can be done, but you will need a carbon filte, you would need an exhaust fan anyway, smell problem or not. Some strains aren't too bad while they are vegging, others still stink to fuck. When flowering they all stink to fuck. Even with a great carbon filter, or two you don't want the doors open too long as that smell will fill the building in no time

5. i leave my closet door open...the carbon filter does the job and i dont smell anything..im on my second grow and in flower and have had no problems except chop day it was stinkin the place up but thats one day and I had a couple ona gels out tho so its wasnt bad...

6. #6 GoldGrower, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    I guess it depends on how sensitive your sense of smell is too. To be fair mine is very sensitive 

But you have to consider that your neighbours might have a very sensitive sense of smell too 

CAN, Mountain Air, and Phresh filters are the best, I get zero odor with CAN and they last a very long time. Avoid DIY and generic filters.

IMO, an inline fan and filter are just as necessary as light, nutrients, and a growing medium for an indoor grow. Especially in an apartment complex.

8. growin in an apartment is a lot easier then people make it out to be..they give u heads ups when they have to stop by...so i just close my closet door and the window ac in my bedroom is louder then my inline fan so no1 can hear it..