Apartment caught fire

Discussion in 'General' started by Ungutus, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Blades, I have an issue. A couple of nights ago my apartment caught fire. It was ruled by the complex and fire marshal as a total property loss situation (i.e. none of our items were salvagable). The problem I have is that, driving by the apartment, I see that acutally very little of our things burnt and in the closet (which looked most untouched) there is our cabinet with bongs, pipes, a hookah, and about 2.5gs of low-grade Cannabis. As of this moment no one except the fire dpt. is allowed into the apartment (collapse hazzard) so I don't think the complex management or police know about our little stash, but they're going to gut it and probably find our stuff.

I'm worried we're going to get kicked out of the new place they're setting us up with because a clause on the lease agreement states that obviously no drugs are allowed. My question is what are your opinions on the situation and have any other blades been through a similiar situation?

Help us out blades!

2. Tell them you have personal shit in there that you need to get out. Worse comes to worst, just say it would be embarrassing for them to find it, or that it's of value and you wouldn't want someone knowing of it's existence

3. If you signed a contract that said nothing about having drugs on their property, which I doubt you'll ever find, they couldn't touch you. But since you signed saying you won't have drugs on the property, its up to them. I doubt they will bother, but you never know, anything could happen

4. Sneak back into your complex?

5. That's what I figured... Well, most of the apt managers I've spoken to are really really nice so I'm hoping they just give us a slap on the wrist and say don't get caught again.... or maybe some fire dpt guy found it and trashed it for us... that'd be cool. I'm trying to keep my hopes up with everything that's going on.

6. certainly considering it.

7. [​IMG]

Sorry for your loss bro, at least they're hooking you up with a new place

8. they usually dont leave the place until its gutted and ready to be repaired,

thats how it was at my house when it burnt down.

like in a week they already had EVERYTHING taken out and ready to be replaced.

so id go at night when no one is there and grab that shit.

remember to mask your face ash is never good for you.

sorry about your losses man i hope you have insurance!

9. If they do try something, tell them you'll talk to your lawyer about it. If you lost all your stuff in a fire that was caused by their incompetence they should be responsible. They won't even bother with a petty charge knowing all your stuff is gone because of them

10. really, the scared and desperate part of me is saying sneek in and secure the evidence... the rational part of me is saying to wait to see what happens and deal with it when it comes up. The managers seem really like good people. they have been working with us and the other 30 people displaced around the clock. They referred the press to another corp just so they could solely deal with residents in need.... I keep thinking if it comes up we can work out a deal.

11. Your probably 1 of 15 people with some weed and glass in their apartment