Anyway to salvage this dead seedling , chem bubbly auto

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Yashas, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Auto chem bubbly from seedsman. Day 4 since it popped. First it had an unnatural stretch and then it's in its current state. Anything can be done?

Attached Files:

2. nope, it's a gonner

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was afraid of that. Do you think it would work if I could try to hold it back in place using a cellophane tape?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

4. Did you snap the stem? If so it's dead.

5. I didn't. It happened by itself.

6. Try propping it back up, give it a couple days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You can try to mend it back together, and most likely wont work.

IMO, it's better to pop more seeds and start again. Try to pop at least three just in case one is a male and the other dies.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Can't win 'em all. Toss it and start over. The break in the main stem at that age is usually a death sentence.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Already did. Popped in an auto somango and a speed bud auto from female seeds.

10. This is the first time it has happened to one of my plants. I have experience of about 8 harvested plants grown at different times. Is it normal?

11. I actually did the same thing to one of my seedlings. It looked exactly like yours. I put in two caprisun straws, one on each side of it and put medical tape from straw to straw near the bottom of the seedling and the other towards the top just enough to keep the plant upright. It was obviously the littlest one of the 5 from that strain and was even kept in smaller pot longer before I even tried to transplant it. Couple months later and it is the second tallest/fullest plant of the 5! Best of luck! Pat

12. I had one break off, just for the hell of it I put some rooting powder on it and put it in a starter plug kept it under light with my other 2 seedlings and surprisingly it survived. It is growing slowly in a pot outdoors. It's very stunted but I'm letting it live because it's a fighter and it earned it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. This is it today.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I know this is an old thread, but what the OP had is called "damping off". "Damping off" is a fungal disease that kills millions of seedlings. The seedling gets a "pinched" spot on the stem, falls over and dies. There is no cure. Once contracted, the seedling is doomed! :cry:

However, damping off can usually be PREVENTED! You need to nuke your soil in the microwave before using it! Nuking your damp soil cooks the spores of "damping off" (and also the beneficial soil microorganisms , so you may want to use a soil inoculant like "Great White" after the seed has sprouted). Just be sure to allow the soil to cool completely before using it. Having a small fan to stir the air also helps to deter "damping off".

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mine was broken off when my son dropped it within hours of it getting put in the pot after germination. I was just amazed it survived.

• Like Like x 1