Anyone who's good in PhotoShop wanna help me with a band logo or something?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Senior PoopiePants, Jul 11, 2010.

1. #1 Senior PoopiePants, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
    Ok. After killing "iMPAiREd" :)laughing: wtf was I thinking?), I've come up with a new name/project (I say project because I'm a one-man band).

I've decided on "Lifelong Lesson". I believe I pulled that from "Between Angels and Insects" by Papa Roach. Great name, considering everything else I wanted to use is taken.

So here's what I need. I need the words "Lifelong Lesson" but I need a theme to this.

The theme: An objective take on this boot-camp we call planet Earth. Simple as that.

So a cool font with a cool image in the background. Background image should be congruent with the words "Lifelong Lesson".

I need this so I can attach one of my songs to the image (thus making it into a youtube "video") so I can upload it around. I need it to be really good, because it's a cover of a very popular song, and I wanna make this shit snappy.

Thanks, and the one who helps me will of course get a rep (I wish there were more I could do, but obviously we're limited here). Maybe when hell freezes over and I get signed :)laughing:), that person will be in on the goodies!

Thanks GC and peace. Please don't hesitate to ask more questions regarding this favor.

2. #2 Senior PoopiePants, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
    I'm looking for an image on the internet for this as we speak. Looking for something deep. A background image that has to do with shit like:

The meaning of life

Existentialism

The Universe

HOW FUCKED UP THE WORLD IS. - Shit like that! Word!

[​IMG]

3. #3 Senior PoopiePants, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    !pmuB

Here's a cool image...[​IMG]

4. [​IMG][​IMG]

I threw these together fairly quickly... what do you think?

5. I'd love to give this a shot :) I haven't done a band logo in awhile! I miss it <3

6. #6 ArtsyStoner420, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    If you get famous with this and the person who took the original photo recognizes it, you're going to be in deep shit-- just sayin... You really need to be careful of where you choose your artwork. Try looking on some stockart sites and then if you like the image you can buy it legally so you don't get in trouble.

[​IMG]

this is without any borrowed art work, maybe a CD cover? it's simple, just messing around.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. So what kind of music is this for anyway?

8. I'm pretty photoshop savvy, but I tend to repeat myself in my graphic design work -- which is why I don't really do much of it anymore. Here are some samples of my work, I'd be interested in working with you on this project.

vamosrapidamente.blogspot.com

(please, no comments on the blog)

9. #9 Senior PoopiePants, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
    Artsystoner - shit, you have a point...

Well, I mean, I doubt I'm every gonna get famous, and if I do and one of the image-owners starts shit, I'll just settle it in court or something...

I guess it's a chance worth taking...

But you're 120% right.

Also, that red font is bad-ass. I may go with that one, once I can get my song to mix-down correctly. I'm gonna get on that right now...

10. #10 Senior PoopiePants, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
    Ummm... Well, the song that I just released is a punk-version cover of "Losing My Religion" by REM, but I'm not going to be necessarily punk... it's a new project for me, so I guess I would say it's still Rock/Alternative...

The lyrics are just going to be more objective, as opposed to subjective...

Very nice. I might just hit you up in regards to additional artwork - if I can figure out exactly what this will be about. :)

11. Thanks. I do a lot of Graphics Work in my spare time and would love to help out on any future projects :)