Anyone want to walk me through growing? give me tips?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by herb1990, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Okay, so I live on 3 acres out in the sticks I have some trees and open areas throughout my property. I also theirs no neighbors on 3 sides of me so I dont have to worry about anyone knowing....
    Anyways Im completely new to growing plants in general. Im hopeing this works and saves me big bucks...
    I have currently germinated 3 seeds successfully and have moved them to a container filled with Sandyish dirt.( I should probably use good dirt but I have none and cannot get any for a while)
    I have watered them and hope they grow. I have them in my room and plan on plating them outside.
    Can you give me any tips, such as what type of area they thrive? like shaded, open, Partly shaded?
    Also I have a pond on my land...Would they grow better by one?
    I live in florida so it rains alot..Would I need to water them daily?
    .....Just give me any tips you have to help me out! If my plants do grow..How do I know the buds ready for harvesting? and how long would it take before I see bud growing?
    Thanks

2. ...watch this video, good luck.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJwAPMHj98w]YouTube - UG 29 Tek Mike's Hardcore Grow Tips![/ame]

3. hello and welcome to growing. the first thing i would look at in Florida is the soil. dig a hole around where you are gonna plant and fill it with water. this will tell you how fast the soil drains. im assuming that Florida soil doesn't drain all that well so you will have to add some things to your soil so u can get some dank. marijuana is a full sun plant that will grow, with diminishing yields, in partly shaded areas. full sun is preferred. next i would mix in all the stuff in the sticky for nutes and go from there. pay attention to ur plant. if the leaves sag water it. if its yellowing fertilize it. simple things like that. also i would suggest planting other plants as well. tomatoes are a good measuring stick for cannabis as far as growing style of the plant. any ways good luck and have fun

4. Hey there Herb, welcome to the city!

I've grown in FL plenty of times. Unless you live in N.Central FL. the soil sucks. It does not hold water well at all. You will have to amend it. Another thing you want to keep in mind is how brutal that FL sun can be. If you can plant in an area that will get full morning sun that would be best. If you leave those girls in full sun down there you will be watering daily, and you still might lose them. If you can get them full sun until around 12-1 you will be golden.

Another thing FL growers need to be ready for are hurricanes. My first outdoor grow in FL Hurricane Charlie wiped my plant out. I would suggest tieing them down as much as possible if a storm comes.

Good luck, Have fun, and be safe. If you have any questions about growing down there in the Sunshine State let me know :)