Anyone want to talk about that bridge that fell apart?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by letsmokeasweet, Mar 29, 2024.

1. They say it’s going to mess things up…like car shipments. They have to shit down the port of Baltimore. It’s going to take years to open the bridge. They say alot of things, but what arnt they saying?

and why does it have to take so damn long to rebuild a bridge. Looks like a great time to show the world how the Americans do something.

especially for such an important piece of infrastructure

what y’all think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I believe the captain/crew didn't realize they were being geo spoofed until it happened. RIP. I hope I'm wrong. My prayers are with all affected.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am not sure what happened with this ship..I do know that on the west coast.. ships that enter the Columbia river have american river pilots board the ships before they enter the river..Even in shitty weather the river pilots some how get on the ship before they enter and are driven and or guided the entire way from the ocean to portland...I would think they do the same thing on the east coast..American river pilots speak english so they can communicate with other ships going in and out...

About • COLRIP

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I think it’s unwise to look at it as an isolated incident.

Global shipping is being choked off all over the place. The Panama Canal, Suez Canal and Red Sea are all seeing significantly reduced traffic. The Houthis are even attacking ships in the Indian Ocean and are attempting to hinder transport around the Cape of Good Hope. California ports are facing transport issues due to EV trucking regulations.

The war in Gaza is being fought for control of international shipping routes. Haifa was the last remaining port in the region and that too has been under attack by Hezbollah. The Russians have militarized and exponentially increased global trade along the Northern Sea Route - this cuts off access to North America from Eurasian shipping.

Russia was just attacked by what very well may be CIA backed operatives. Biden immediately determined this was not an attack with zero time given for an investigation. It would be a very bad look for Biden if Russia was responsible and could trigger Article 5 which NATO is not prepared for. I also find it interesting that the captain of the ship was a Ukrainian.

As much as I hate to speculate, my gut tells me this was no accident.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
  5. At this port there is a set of heavy traffic lanes, then later those lanes narrow to one inbound and one outbound. The harbor pilots left when the ship turned from the inner traffic lanes and lined up for the outbound lane.

Then it sounds like dirt in the fuel clogged the engine.

Commercial shipping today only has a few operators onboard once they leave harbor. No mechanics, so nobody could get the engine going again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. I have never heard of a ship leaving port without a team of engineers on board..Did you have a link for no mechanics on board? just wondering...

• Like Like x 1
  7. what i think is, why aren’t “tug boats” guiding these massive ships to open water? clearly if tugs would have in use this would have never happened. i think some maritime laws need to change.

as for rebuilding the bridge, i suggest the Corps of Engineers subcontract the entire project from design to implementation to the japanese. once the contracts are signed the bridge will be rebuilt to modern specs and opened for traffic in < 1 year. also, once all of the steel and debris is cleared shipping should be able to return close to normal.

why weren’t there tugs? smh. probably $’s.

8. Portland Oregon...[​IMG]river pilots at work with guide tug..

• Agree Agree x 1

9. i thought this was standard everywhere, certainly standard in the US. i have no knowledge of maritime laws such as you but doesn’t it seem just flat out wrong not to have had tugs at least on standby? i’m stunned when i watch the video because it’s just so obvious there’s something not looking right with the obvious - there’s no tugs present anywhere. how can this be?

10. Not sure what happened in baltimore Possuum. We will find out more at some point, but it does seem odd at this moment..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 nitro harley, Mar 29, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    Just this week this ship pulled into portland..Tugs at work....correction...The sister ship Mercy was the ship that arrived in Portland not the comfort
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think we’re about to be lied to.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
  13. again i lay no claim to knowing maritime laws but every instance i’ve ever witnessed since a kid is similar to what is pictured above. the Dali was classed as an ultra large container ship and it doesn’t make sense it was navigating by itself with bridges in its path.

14. #14 Vee, Mar 29, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    Im working fast on my own Conspiracy heres the 16th and its my own:

Shipping lithium batteries is really dangerous, they gotta go by road or sea some suspicious fires have started while in transit, like in that Malaysian plane that went missing perhaps?
    Same on boats you are carrying 20 plus shipping containers of car lithium batteries you can expect trouble,
    : like millions of batteries pulling the ship to the bridge,
    but you can't expect maritime types to under stand electric car components?

ps strange their was no pilot steerage on offer, you would think a pilot tender would be used considering such a large port and such a small low bridge

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Comfort, am I wrong or did Trump send her to NY to help with the covid crisis, Cuomo refused to let her help for personal/political reasons while his constituency suffered.

16. The city I grew up in has the country's 2nd largest Bascule bridge. I grew up seeing this my whole life. Don't recall ever seeing a tugboat. Not a large commercial port like Baltimore, more an industrial and pleasure craft river. But we do get plenty of large ships supplying the steel plant.
    Lake_freighter_Michipicoten_enters_harbour_in_Lorain,_Ohio_-_Oct._2007.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. That ship was in NY for covid...The one that just pulled into portland I guess was called MERCY..It's a sister ship..I found a good picture of it with Tugs guiding it but it wouldn't let me copy and paste for some reason.

18. It is hard to see it any other way, whether or not this incident was part of the plot.

Also the global lockdowns, countless food processing plants catching fire, EV push, fertilizer restrictions...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Back in the 80's we had a log ship leaving port with no tug and they miss calculated a small turn and ran into the coast guard station and smashed there boat house with life boats parked inside it. the life boats sustained light damage, but the building was toast. From that day on there was tug boats in town 365 days a year..They have sense left and there has been no major shipping in town..

20. The port will be open once the shipping lane is clear which won't take that long. Maybe a couple months.

• Agree Agree x 1