Anyone want to help me out?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TJ., Apr 10, 2009.

1. #1 TJ., Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
    To start off, I'm pretty sure this is the right section, if not, please move. Also, this may be long, but bear with me please.

Now, I have reason to believe that I have a serious sleeping problem. The problem? I'm not getting any. For the past week or so, my problem has really flared up and I lay in bed for hours, just laying there with my eyes closed relaxing, and nothing seems to work. Also might I add, when I eventually do fall asleep, it isn't much of a sleep at all. Its more like a very light and nonfulfilling sleep, and I wake up extremely tired.

I have taken some low potent sleep medicines such as Tylenol PM or Vick's Nyquil, but they have no effect on me. I don't really want to get into perscription drugs for sleeping, as I don't want to become dependant on them, but I feel I may have to. The only thing I have found that helps me go to sleep instantly is of course, weed. Thats one of the reasons I smoke in the first place.

Also, I feel it may be my bed keeping me from sleep. My bed is pretty comfortable, but I don't think its right for me. I was looking into those Tempurpedic foam mattresses. They are pricey, but look like they work. Does anyone have one now or has had one? If so, what are your reviews with it? Would it really help me?

Now, onto the final question. What do you think GC, should I see a doctor for perscribed sleeping medicine? I don't want to spend the money if it would be pointless also. And like I said, I don't want to become dependant on sleeping drugs, but if I must, I will.

Thanks everyone, for reading this if you did. All replies are appreciated. Again, thanks. :D:smoking:

2. Bump? :/

3. sleep troubles? go to GNC and try out some melanin pills that may or may not work

4. Whats GNC? Haha sorry for my incompetance.

5. GNC is a health store.

It kind of depends where you live, If you live in california or another state that allows medical marijuana maybe you should ask your doctor for a medical marijuana card. Even if you dont you could explain to your doctor that you do not want to resort to pills and ask if he knows of any other methods or treatments that could help you and that doesnt include the risk of addiction.

6. I live in Florida when I'm pretty sure medical marijuana isn't legalized just yet. :/

7. Okay answer this question. Have you always smoked before going to bed and then tried not to?

Me and my sister's bf both have done that before. Its sort of like a withdrawal, only it applies to sleeping.

8. First, how old are you? Have you experienced any other strange symptoms lately (crying for no reason, sadness, big life change, etc, anything)? It could be depression, or a depressive episode. Could be insomnia, though it's probably not that simple.

I would recommend getting plenty of exercise. I know, you pothead, it's hard to motivate yourself sometimes, but without sleep you're going to become less and less functional. Try an audio track that provides guided relaxation, there are probably plenty of free ones all over the internet. Worse comes to worst, I could provide a self-recorded extensive hypnosis track that could help guide you into a restful, relaxed sleep.

A doctor is going to tell you, first, and hopefully, that you need to get activity and exercise. There's nothing wrong with smoking pot to get to sleep, but you should probably tell your doctor about this and ask an opinion (you don't have to listen). Also, tell your doctor that you're using cannabis to help you get to sleep at night, and have him/her write that down and put it in your records. Not only is this safe, as only YOU can have access to these records and there is absolutely no risk in doing this, but if you ever get caught with pot, you can use this as a defense (two birds with one stone, pun!).

Further, if cannabis works, why not just use that? Exercise is healthier in all respects and you should definitely consider, but why, I ask, not just smoke it up before bed?

9. #9 oldskoolgrower, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    I love my Tempurpedic mattress. Best $2000 I ever spent.

EDIT: I've struggled with insomnia on and off all my life. Try getting some Valerian capsules at a health food or drug store, and some Melatonin. Take one of each and hour before bed. Give it a couple of weeks to work. It's far easier on you than prescription meds and it works quite well to aid in getting restful sleep.

Also start exercising and make sure you are eating properly.

10. #10 poncho, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    i've had that problem as long as i can remember, since elementary school i've laid in bed for hours before sleeping almost every night.

its worse on days i dont smoke, so idk. smoke?

i took these pills(Trazodone or Trazadone) and they helped. They wouldnt' give me anything stronger like Ambien or Lunesta because of my history with drugs, so these are the weakest, non addictive ones they got and they still really help. I took em for a few weeks and they worked great, even when i took em only a few times a week they helped a lot. i rarely take them nowadays but sleep better than i ever did still. i'd definietly recommend those if you want a sleepin pill that you dont want to become dependent on.

melatonin works for some people too. i'd try that first for sure. its just a chemical thats naturally in your body. it helps your body regulate when to sleep, its not a drug that makes you sleep.

11. I use weed for the exact same thing:D

I always make sure i have a little bit stashed for the night, only time i can sleep is after a nice bowl in my bong.

12. its melatonin not melanin. melanin is the pigment in your skin

but yeah, weed is the only aid for my insomnia