Anyone use night vision goggles?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by oldpaddy, Aug 27, 2010.

1. I'm going to do some guerilla growing next year out in the woods. I'd rather not use a flashlight. I don't want someone to think I'm burying a body!
    So does anyone use them?

2. no.

buy a flash light that is red. red light cannot be seen over any great distances, and is much cheaper than your goggles. the military uses them in the desert, and you cannot be seen. ive used it as well to great success. give it a try!

3. Agree ^_^

4. Thanks! I'll give it a try.

5. the red light also doesn't affect your vision at night nearly as bad as white light. turn off the red light and you can still see as good as you can normally see at night.

with a white light, you'll be blind in the dark for a moment when you turn it off.

6. The above replies are correct for army, yes they are hard to see and yes it does not mess with your night vision, Green is only color that will not effect your plants. I have hermie many from using non green Lights. Theirs many online venders who sell them. I used them starting this year and what a difference it makes with your eyes and they are way harder to see than white lights.

Now back on topic, I researched night vision hardcore, and i know to get a non visible ( military style ) your gonnea be spending a good 1,500 and up to get a good one. I could see it being very beneficial, you could def beat anyone out of the woods if you had one, huge advantage. So inless ur a big OP, it aint happening

Hope that helps someone.

-BH

7. i have a handheld night vision monoscope that uses the light of the stars or the moon, etc... and magnifys it so you can see perfectly. it creates no light, so its a plus. it has an option to turn on a little light so it has something to work with if you are in complete darkness, but thats rare.

its good for getting out there if there is tricky terrain, but its kinda hard to do anything with your hands involving gardening if you are trying to use it.

check out discount stores, i think mine was 150-200ish.

8. I used military grade NVGs while in the military and got a pair of cheap chinese made plastic pieces of shit from buying the special edition of call of duty. They actually work very very well, lol.