Anyone tried this harvesting technique?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by cigarjack, May 10, 2021.

1. I think it's bullshit but I think they were spot on when they said this..... "This easy-to-follow method for harvesting and curing the crop beats putting them in the oven for a few minutes to dry them out."

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Just...... NO...
    I'd have dried to death, crumble to dust when touched, uncured garbage doing that in my 9% humidity environment.
    Saving my $$$ ethanol for Tincture to RSO.
    Slow dry was the Key I needed.
    What works for me in hot, dry Southern California will get you a bucket of Mold in Florida or any high humidity zone.
    I refuse to try and pick dried crumbling fan leaves from sticky buds. Again just.... NO.
    When your local conditions keep turning every harvest into crap you start to dig into the real how, why and when of drying and curing the herb.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. That much I'll agree was indeed correct.
    LMAO.

BNW

4. Excellent point. Here in humid Florida it's a challenge. If anyone has a humid specific technique I'd love to hear it.

5. I'll pass along a method a past member who lived there used.
    Pull the window screens, Buy or rent a dozen sets of sawhorses, Chop all the buds into thumb sized nugs.
    Lay all the bud nugs on the screens / sawhorses not touching.
    Crank the AC down as low as possible. Run a box fan or 2 and keep the cold dry air moving.

If I can remember his name his thread had pictures but you get the general idea.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Somehow that article wasn't written on April 1st.

Pull out the plant, clean off all the roots, put the roots in vodka water. WTF? :confused:

This sounds like the biggest PITA.

• Agree Agree x 1