Anyone thinking Bonnaroo yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Raoul II, Nov 26, 2007.

1. I know its not the greatest festival, but I still want to go ridiculously bad. My parents want me to work this summer to pay for my textbooks, but I think I can get away with 5 days (including travel time) right after school. I'm thinking between me and one friend we're gonna bring a half. I've already started collecting supplies. Bought a tent and some deer pheromone (don't want those pesky cops searching me). Anyone else planning on having a good time down in Tennessee (seems like an oxymoron)?

2. I truly enjoyed the 10,000 lakes festival MUCH more than Bonnaroo.

I might be in Puerto Rico for a month for Spanish class so I may not get to go to any festivals :(

3. hey not cool with the tennessee remark, some of us have to live there!

but ya im trying to get tickets too, this will be my first year and im trying to score some sweet weed cuz all i normally get around here is mids

4. Come on, you know I'm just playing :rolleyes:

5. Biggest thing if you go is to bring a couple hundred dollars exclusively for drugs, or you're gonna hate yourself for all the awesome stuff you have to pass up. :eek:

I don't know it was intense last year my first time going with 3 other friends. But I have to say I don't know if it was cuz of the shrooms I had in me or what but I got a really shitty feeling after like the 2nd to 3rd day when there was nothing but trash and shit all over the festival grounds, I just felt a little hatred towards all of the slobs who contributed to all of it. There's so many damn people there is the thing.

The madness that comes with the popular bands can really fuck with you, especially if you're tripping. Like this past year when Tool was coming on my friends and I made the mistake of not going early. We were at the gates when they started their setlist and you could see it in every motherfucker's eyes there that something bad was about to happen, people talking about rushing the gate and shit and I can bet you 90% of us there were tripping you could just see it. And finally a small guy did it alone and this huge motherfucking security guard straight threw his ass out literally, and pissed everyone off who was waiting. So before I knew it the entire crowd was like a wave and people were just hopping the gates and straight rushing security, myself included. I lost all my friends and got so upset I ended up missing the show. But now that I know what that shit is like I think I'll do a lot better if I go this year.

6. Haha i was tripping on acid at the bonnaroo arch that ur talking about when tool first came on. That first bass note they played shook everything, and everyone was yelling "BREAK THE GATES" fucking crazy. managed to stay with my entire group

7. I heard the amount of security has gone up and selling had gone down. What's the best strategy to score without anyone getting paranoid or the cops getting on your ass?

8. Go to a smaller show

10k Lakes people just popped outta the woods with drugs asking if u needed anything, I never left my lawn chair to buy a thing :p

9. lol trust me when I tell you you don't have shit to worry about. My friends and I brought like an ounce in total and all they searched was our trunk (When you're entering with your vehicle). We also had a good deal of alcohol but transferred it to water bottles just in case they searched our cooler, which I don't believe they did.

As far as security on the inside, all you have to do is watch out for mounted police officers (who are really only there for show) and the gate security who give you a simple pat down before you go to the stage areas. You don't have to do any work as far as getting whatever you want. Just walk up and down the streets and you'll hear people weaving in and out of the crowds saying stuff like "doses...molly...funga...nugga..." Those are pretty much the terms everyone there used when I went, and you don't have to wait for someone to say it you can advertise you're looking for it to but just be smart about it and try to say it randomly to people who fit the part. If one street isn't happening check out another path, there's always people out selling. :devious:

10. I had a fucking amazing time at echo project, it was like a smaller bonnarro and really good music all around. I'd say go for it unless they have a shitty lineup this year which I doubt. The group I went with brought 90$ which was not nearly enough for 3 days. But besides that, it was amazing in every sense. Id go, just bring money and get someone who can cook reallly well.

11. My cousin has been going for the past couple of years and he says it getting worse and worse every year. He said last year someone even died from being on a lot of drugs and being de-hydrated. He also said MTV showed up last year, he said that was his cue not to go anymore.

I'm trying to hit up 'All-Good' or the '10k' sometime over the Summer.

12. I know a guy who went, and I really want to go as a last "hoorah" before I really start to have to work.

Jolly, where is this festival you speak of? Any big names play there?

13. i went.

took two jellys after we set up our tents and then walked around ....
    ....bad fucking idea. started walking but didnt bring water, with us. the heat was unbareable 2 of my friends got sick. we got lost for a few hours it was just way too big. very dirty, undercovers everywhere. one came up to my friend when we were just chilling at our camp and made him go into my car and grab all his info for no reason. had his badge and shit.
    there still was no problem finding drugs but it was kinda shady.
    i was dissapointed in a lot of the music, although STS9 and Aesop Rock tore that shit up.

i wouldnt go back.

i definally had a lot more fun at camp bisco this year.

14. im not probably gonna ever go, simply because of all the reasons people mentioned. it sounds really awesome, but its so big, and so many people go, its just looking for trouble. however, this march im planning on going to the Langerado festival in FL. im saving to pay the 450 for 4 day VIP camping passes, so at least that way our campsite will be a lot cleaner and we will have much better tickets for all the shows. i think it will be worth it, and probably a lot more enjoyable because of it.

I know there is usually tons of great stuff at shows, but im planning to bring most of what i want with me, simply so i never have to deal with getting sold shit from an undercover cop or something like that. obviously it would have to be dealt with appropriately.

15. im going next year for sure, everyone i know who has gone had a great experience and suggested it.

im going to langerado this march, should be pretty tight

16. It's in Minnesota, quite a bit of a drive, but the drive is beautiful :)

17. i dont know about banaroo man...all festivals would be awsome but its run by mtv...lame.....im tryin to hit up 10000 lakes and i know im goin to gathering of the vibes...one of my main reasons for that is it ends on my birthday so that day would be OFF THE HOOK

18. 10K lakes was on my birthday last year I got sooo fucked up, I ate some boomers, snorted some molly, smoke a whole shit load of weed, took some acid, smoked some opium. It was a fucking great night :D

19. lol that sounds crazy. im actually listening to the Umphreys set from the 10kLF right now.

my good friends went last year and said it was awesome, id definately like to go one time, i dont know when though.

20. In spirit of this thread, anyone thinking of going to lollapalooza? How is it compared to bonnaroo and the smoking scene there?