Anyone selling...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by destroypower, Jan 28, 2009.

1. ...a nice acoustic/electric 6 string, or a decent bass amp setup?

2. I've got a Trace Elliot Commando bass amp - 12" speaker. It sounds a lot more powerful than it looks. It's in good condition, except for a little rust on the corner-casters. I am the original owner, it's hardly used, and it's never been out of my apartment. I would have sold it on EBay, but it's kind of big to ship anywhere, lol.

3. hmmm I was thinking about something more powerful (for shows), but we could also use a new practice amp. what type of music do you play through it? how does it sound?

4. It's very versitile, It has effects send and return, dial knobs for gain, bass, mid, trelbe, volume. Push buttons: deep, mid-shift, bright. Has passive and active inputs (I have a bass w/EMG's). It has a line out (phone jack) to drive another amp, Pa system, or record, Celestion 12" speaker.

I've never played out with it, but I first heard this amp in Chicago, outdoors. It sounded like a MUCH bigger setup, and very tube-like sounding - sort of like an Ampeg B-15. You could hear it for blocks. I don't play professionally, and have no use for somthing this loud in my apartment. It would be more than enough for most small clubs, but as I said it really packed a punch outdoors. This is definitly much better than the crap Fender and other guys have been making for many years.

5. how much would you let it go for?

6. #6 garrison68, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009

The original price tag (still tied-on to the amp handle!) was $495, and I got it on sale for $450 (with tax). It is in near mint conditon. Peope that are selling them are asking $300, and mine is in very good near-mint condition. Suffice to say, I'd take somewhat less. I'll PM you.