Anyone re use tea bags?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by nuttybong0, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Just wondering. I just brewed 10 gallons of tea, but now I want to give some to a second set of flowers(I grow perpetual), and im running low on kelp meal.
    I'm thinking if I add a cup of ewc to the used tea bag, I should be fine.

2. That should work just fine.

Kelp doesn't dissolve all that fast and just the addition of the EWC will be enough for another nice shot.

Wet

3. #3 InTheGarden, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    Yep, there's still plenty of nutrients left in that kelp. In fact, it'd be a waste to only use the kelp once!

edit: also, are you using a paint strainer or something like that (is that the "tea bag" you're talking about?). Because allowing the plant matter and ewc to just hang loose in the container will make for a better brew. Greater surface area exposed to the liquid and all. Then you can just pour it through a paint strainer or pantyhose to strain it out.

4. I use a 15 gallon rubbermaid tub( I only brew about 5 or 6 gallons then add plain water to dilute), 600gph air pump and I hang pantyhose filled with ewc and/lobster compost, kelp meal, alfalfa meal and occasionally peruvian guano, directly over the air stone. Never had a problem.

5. For cheaper than the pantyhose (unless your wife keeps you supplied), is Queen size trouser socks from the $ store.

After use, I slice them open and top dress something.

Wet

6. Sound advice as always wet. That word "cheaper", I love it.