Anyone Playing Neverwinter Nights?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by MissVoodeux, May 18, 2013.

1. Hey! Is anyone else checking out the new Beta for Neverwinter Nights? I've been playing it for a few days now, and it's pretty sick. Opinions? Questions? Let me know!

-Voodeux :hippie:

2. whats it like? Play for free? 

3. Yup, it's a free to play game.

I started playing yesterday. I just got to level 11 (Trickster Rogue) and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've never been a fan of MMOs; too much micro management, wonky battle systems, strange movement systems, tedious quests that aren't straight forward, etc... However, Neverwinter so far is the complete opposite. Battle system is great, movement is great, everything is straight forward and easy to follow, pvp is fun, dungeons are great, and it really looks great as well.

4. I love it, if you're a fan of D&D, then you'll like this. and Yes, it's free to play, which i love! i've never been one of those hardcore gamer girls that play for days with only beef jerky and monster to live on, but i didn't work so much, this would be the game where i would. and the level that you play at, no matter which class, you feel like a badass lol. its pretty awesome.

-Voodeux

5. I liked the single player Neverwinter Nights, so this should be pretty cool. I'll check it out for sure.

6. I want to give this game a try, but I'm worried about lack of diversity within each class particularly with there only being 5 classes.

7. @[member="Relentless"]

it's just one of those games that you have to try, but if you like most MMOs, you'll probably like it.
    hope to see you guys on!

-Voodeux

8. I'm playing for sure! I've got a lvl 14 Great Weapon Fighter and a lvl 17 Control Wizard. I am thoroughly enjoying myself with this game... It's a shame about that stupid diamond glitch that screwed the game up the other day. Anybody here get to take advantage of any of that crazyness??

9. I haven't played a few days, so i guess i missed all the action! i have a lvl 15 control wizard. is it just me, or do these characters seem really powerful? maybe i'm just hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhh. :smoke:

-Voodeux

10. I've never been too big on TG or table top games so I passed this up along with the second a decade ago. I wasn't even aware of a new one or that it was an MMO. Nice too see that they kept a quest creator, I wonder how this will fit in a MMO system with GMs and all. Looks fun, just not my cup o' tea.

11. I haven't played it but if they are doing a good job with the classes (which it kind of sounds like they are from the types of charcters people just in this thread are playing) I would say don't worry about that. NWN classes usually leave you with many options. Also, there are more classes in NWN then those that are in NWNO now so there is always the chance there might be some classes added in.

12. downloading the patch now and i shall try it out. 76% comeoonnnnnn

13. I'm interested in trying this out, are the requirements really high? Do you have to have a high end PC to play the game?

Thanks.