Anyone play guitar?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by WarlockDLX, Aug 28, 2006.

1. played for just just over 5 years, my set up is ok, but i only have a part time job else there's alot of other stuff i'd buy!

Squier strat (first guitar)
    a cheap ass £80 acoustic but ive lowered the action an its alrite now
    Vintage SG
    Fender amp 90w
    Boss ME50 pedal

i wanna get a cry baby wah because the boss wah kind of sucks.

i play a fairly wide range, classic rock mostly AC/DC, some metal, ska, pink floyd and original material.

2. sounds like you have a decent setup... i mean nothing performance worthy, but just like mine... something to practice on... if your in a band though, seems like the best guy to talk to about better gear is stonerking... hes helped me get some ideas for a better amp... seems to think some combos even have the power i want... so im going to give him the benifit of the doubt, that most things arent what they seem... and im honestly looking forward to being impressed :)

3. I've got an ESP F-50 named Black Dog with a Roland Microcube amp... I'm too poor to pay for a bigger amp atm, and I can always jam on friends amps... a crappy wah pedal that I don't even remember the name of and a friends small digital effects/amp modeller pedal which is actually not bad, but I just use the cube. Like I said, I'm poor. I'm saving for a Dimebag FBD, but that's a long way in the future. Oh, and I just put new Elixir strings on Black Dog... they feel so damn nice. Wish I could afford them more often instead of Ernie Ball... not that I'm hating on Ernie Ball :D

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DNEDBFBD

4. I use Ernie Ball Super Slinky on my electric, and Elixer Medium Light Nanoweb on my acustic. I love them!

5. yeah i use ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom... i like to drop tune, and as low as dropped B... so i need em lol

6. Just get a 7 if youre going to B

7. heres the one i use most of the time...vintage deluxe sg 06'

Attached Files:

8. nah, 7s are cool, but im happy with 6... all i REALLY need to do, is have the guitar set up for really heavy strings, and i can drop tune as far as i need to go... problem with that? ill never see dropped D or standard tuning again lol thus why i havent done it yet...

9. I used to use Super Slinkies (usually GHS Boomers tho)... I liked the playability but particularly with my guitar, too much tone was sacrificed. The Elixir's I just got are also nanoweb... I didn't even read the box to see what exactly it is, all I know is they're the smoothest motherfuckers I've ever had, with so much clarity to every string... for only having not very hot stock pickups, I've never had my harmonics sound so good. They're 42-9s.. next time I think I'll get the 46-9's or 10s. And Elixir acoustic strings are even sexier o_O

Elixir > everything

10. LOL

11. i mostly play my ibanez acoustic electric, its like and aeg somethin, onboard tuner. its tight

12. I play the guitar, such a fun instrument. I also play the piano, ukulele, and violin :)

I also write articles related to music such as the whole note.

13. #73 sunder, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    I play electric ibanez. Korn mostly.