Anyone play guitar?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by WarlockDLX, Aug 28, 2006.

1. I play guitar... and i wanna know who else in here does! I play a lot of "nu-metal" the more melodic stuff, but i like the death metal music... not so much the vocals, but i love the rest of it lol :) heres my setup

B.C. Rich Warlock deluxe (widow headstock, upgraded pickups, black with silver bevel)
    Crate XT120R combo unit w/ 2 12" cones
    Digitech Deathmetal pedal
    standard wah

so, for the rest of you, what equipment do you have, how long you been playing, and what genre you play?

:metal: :smoking:

2. I play guitar. Just made a thread a second ago actually, i got a new PRS. Check it out ;)

I've been playing about 7 years. No genre, but i stick to classic rock. Sometimes southern (alot of the times actually)

3. i dont play guitar. But ive been playing drums for years and have been in a band for a year now. we play

more punk/screamo music. but as an individual player im more into music like jack johnson

and any music you can tap a foot too.

4. nice :) you can check out my homepage... i have pix of me and my guitar on my myspace... as for me, ive been playin about a year and a half... but im better than the average joe for as long as ive been playin ;-)

5. I play in a band called DainBread. You can check us out at our myspace if you really care to hear us. http://www.myspace.com/dainbreadrocks.

We play our own original stuff, but it has kind of a classic rock meets modern rock style. I listen to mostly classic rock, and if I'm not playing my own music, that's what I play too.

6. not bad, not quite my style of music, but im very open minded to all genres :) the sound is good, definately

7. Yeah, that's cool. Do you do any playing with a band?

8. iv been playin about four years now and i started out actuly playing just stuff like Weezer or Linkin Park and slowly started smoking pot which led to Hendrix and now im full into the whole stoner/hippie rock like Greatful Dead and Cream. OH, my eqeupment sucks right now until i get my les Paul back from colorado. But I have a Gibson SG Special that i got at a scratch n dent sale, it has a small chip in the heasstock. A Epi Dove, i got from musicians friend(action is too high). A real ceap $80 ebay acustic guitar. A marshall half stack(best amp in the world). A jimi Hendrix fuzz wah, which cost way to much if you ask me. A DoD Envilope Filter, ilove this thing. My Big Muff Pi which kicks major ass. Holy shit this is long... Im so fuckin stoned right now.:smoke: = :hippie:

9. dont take this wrong, but as for the amp... and the hendrix fuzz wah... sounds to me like you got a case of the "saw you coming" scam... i mean marshalls are good, but believe me there are equally good, and even better amps out there for the same price... for instance... take the blue voodoo by crate... now THATS an amp!!! the good thing about crate is they always come with an effects processor built in for REAL good distortion... at least, if you dont really want or need pedals... i still have a death metal pedal, but mostly all i use is the built in distortion... more bass-ish and it has almost tube like crunch to it... as for a wah, never pay more than $100 for a wah, they aint worth it lol... effects pedals are different though, some of those are worth the money they charge for em, like boss, or the "POD" by line 6... trust that jimi hendrix didnt get his sound from his fender, his marshall, or his wah.... he got it from being born "jimi hendrix" :metal:

10. I have a BOSS flanger, old-school CryBaby Wah, and a new 12in. Marshall practice amp. I actually like it than my Half-Stack (b52)

Plus the Marshall's got all kinds of cool effects built in (that actually sound great! Even the flanger, it's been a while since i've bothered to hook the BOSS up) And even longer since i've played my half-stack.

11. i have yet to see a marshall with effects built in... at least in the economy priced (under $1500) amps.. they all have some sort of distortion to an extent, and maybe lots of things to do with it... but nothing compared to some of the solid states out there... i like marshall, dont get me wrong, i just think there is more than what meets the eye to other amps... plenty of better products out there, and loads of versatility, where my experience leads me to believe marshalls are kinda limited, unless you are using effects, and even then, you can get more wattage out of a different brand for the same price, run it on clean, and use the same effects... same sound.. know what i mean?

12. I understand. But don't get me wrong, i have the money and i like marshall,

( i hate the kids that are against any main-stream product, don't worry i'm not calling you one of these guys)

It's a nice little amp. Beautiful sound, you can hear my PRS through it in my guitar thread. I'll take a pic later and take a vid on the clean channel tomarrow.

13. i didnt mean to come off as being insulting, and its not that i dont like mainstream product, i mean hell... marshall is as mainstream as crate lol granted i havent OWNED a tube amp, i may want to get a small one for practice, but i probably wouldnt spend the money on a half/full stack.... id want a solid state for that... seems like theres more to do with a solid state, and with a tube you are kinda limited... ya know? from what i understand, solid states are better for more technical sound, and pinching and shit like that.. when i think tube, i think "crazy train".... when i think solid state, i think "beautiful people".... ya know? marshalls are damn good amps, especially for durability... which is something i hear most other brands have problems with... i mean there are amps by marshal from back in the hendrix era that are still fucking functional lol

14. I also normally have a Fender Blonde tube amp around here. Fun to play with, havent gotten to try the PRS on it yet though.

15. [​IMG]
    my beloved '82 tokai. Fkin awesome sound, great natural sustain & holds it's tuning for YEARS!! (honestly!) regardless of bending, trem abuse etc!
    I've played since 13 & i'm old now :D It's still got old spliff butts from the 90's holding the pickups low - original paf's btw, floyd rose 2, schaller heads, rosewood pickplate.
    Originally it had 3 pafs but i found the output uncontrollable so i removed the middle 1 & rewired it with an active (self charging) tone circuit - used to melt boss fx pedals!
    I don't bother with amps now but use gfx.03 via my pc - lovely free fx software ;) (google)
    Just plug in ur mic socket & ur off :D
    Still jam with a few old m8s via ventrilo - try it :D

*a m8 is a collector & i've put this up against gibbos, fenders, ricks, bc rich , ibanez & others & trust - there is no comparison in tone quality & sustain :D
    Swapped a '70 les paul deluxe for this - once i played it I had to have it!
    Used to use an orange top with 2x marshall 4x12, watkins valve combo, had a few peavey bandits too - gr8 amps :D
    Fave kit was an old watkins copycat tape echo (remember them?) - i wired the sustain pot to a footswitch & used to get a fkin cool dub echo repeat / sample sound by stamping on it :)

16. ^^ She's a beauty!

I'd love to jam ventrilo man, we should do it sometime? I just need a mic now,

17. She's a HE!!

don't get a mic - get a headset. mic's tend to pick up echo off ur speakers = very annoying for others in the same channel as they hear everything with a delay :#

best thing about the gfx.03 is that u can adjust the latency to compensate for the ping of players on the other side of the planet or with bad isp's.
    Regularly jam with a bass player from belgium - (i'm uk) & we have no lag problems at all.
    gfx03 also works with keyboards / vocals etc.
    It's cool to use with fruity loops premade drum tracks :cool:

U just plug & play - simple as that. but u will need an adapter to convert ur jack plug to 3.5mm to fit in ur pc mic socket - or a double tee if u want to use the mic as well.

*u can dl it free here: http://guitarfx.org/gfx_xp.zip - u don't need the 'additional software' if it's offered.
    there's also downloadable presets that other players have made - u can get them at the links in the preset tab on the main screen of the gfx interface.
    personally I don't like most of them & prefer my own sounds - too many players overdo the grungy distortion & I like to hear the tone of the instrument rather than disguising bad playing with fx - but it's a matter of personal taste.

18. Lol that sounds so cool, Jamming over the internet.

Where can i get one of these adapters?

19. Oh yea, and I apolagize

20. any hifi type store i would imagine? I got mine from maplin for like £2

or just cut the end off an old set of phones & solder it up.
    Have a go of that software tho m8 - excellent sound :cool: