Anyone know what's going on here?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheNoob, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Hello everyone this is my first grow ever and have run into tons of problems and at one point had to cut almost every branch and leaf off of one and multiple on the others as they completely dropped and shrivelled up and I'm honestly surprised these beasts are still alive.

I didn't have to many options for the soil I was planting in was just a normal organic bag of soil while the 3 were young they grew nice and healthy I guess pretty slow too with just window light and occasionally bringing them outside transplanted them about 3 weeks to a month ago into the bigger planters but the only soil I had available to use was Miracle Grow potting mix (feeds up to 6 months) npk 0.21- 0.11 - 0.16 and also used 1 watering of mg indoor plant food couple weeks back but seems since they got put into this soil they have been going downhillfast. I just got the tent a week ago and a 300w led and keep a fan on them about 2 feet away and have watched them burst out from that new set up compared to how little light I was able to give them before but I have noticed burnt tips on every leaf almost sharp pointy reddish brown tips and yellowing in certain areas of the leaves and bronze spots I had also dealt with thrips twice now and fungus gnats with safers insecticide and the soil doesnt seem to dry out well at all and the time releases nutrients activate more when I water them but they havent needed to be watered in over 5 days I move around the soil every once in a while and squeeze the side of the pot to dry and break up compact soil to dry.

Just looking for any help or advice on how I might go about trying to help these plants I know the miracle gro time release is probably the main reason for this and they just got put on 12 12 about five days ago scared to add any bloom nutrient or anything nutrient tbh should I just try to change the soil transplant into normal organic?

Attached Files:

2. I'd change soil. Looks like nitrogen toxicity to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I was thinking of getting a bag of Promix vegetable and herb organic soil and a bag of perlite and make a 70/30 mix or maybe 60/40. Do you think the promix would be a better option over that miracle grow I live in canada so I cant get the fox farms stuff and lots of the stuff I see in stores here is all time release. Wouldn't happen to know any decent soil brands in canada would you?

4. Just make your own.There are plenty of guides on good mixes but if you dont feel like doing that just find a good soil with no added nutes that drains well. Personally Im getting coco coir and perlite for my next grow then adding all the nutes as I go so I dont run into as many nutrient problems.