anyone know the SuperCropping techniques

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by hydefrom666, May 14, 2008.

1. some one i used to know told me about the supercropping techniques and then i was told about it recently and he explained some but not enough for me to even bother with it. it would be an interesting and useful piece of information if someone could tell me

2. ye man ive been doin it to my plant alot it works wonders
    its were u take a branch and kinda pinch it so its like bent and it snapps but u dont want it to fully snapp u only want the inside to kinda break but not the outside . this makes the plant think its broken and sends extra nutes and shit to that spot apparenty its supposed to make a new node come out of the spot and it thickens that branch up quickly to. again i just started doin this and havent rlly seen any new nodes but growth has increased

3. i have seen people do this before but only the results and this is like the ultimate know how (i think) when you snap the second broad set of leaves right in the middle snap it both ways and it will shoot 2 brances off of each side above the next set of leaves and like once a week take your whole plant and twist it around a quarter each way and that makes the sock realy powerful to support all the extra weight from the super cropping and in the middle of each new set of leaves you snap it both ways and it will always repair itself stronger and shoot 2 new branches off of the next section up and once you get 4 sections up you top the plant and clone it and the top of your plant will always have 2 tops and you pull on the branches almost untuil you pull them off and that will strengthen them and they will shoot off more branches and you end up with a rezin dripping monster pot plant with 2 colon buds on the top and buds running off of it evreywere and when it gets to tall tie it down with hemp or cotton string and it will double in size... i love weed and i love growing weed and if any one knows any other kool stuff that you can do to a pot plant that will make it grow better or produce more like take off half of evrey leaf to make it grow massive amounts of crystals let me know ... you would be doing me a favor and the rest of the grasscity community... peace to all!!!

4. I've done super cropping and haven't seen a difference if anything less of yield. Never got it or understood it.

Anytime ya damage the flow of a plants nutes/water ya send all available resources to repair that site, slowing down the process of the remaining plant.

5. when you damage it to strengthen the plant you are doing it at critical times in the plants life it may seem like alot of damage but its not enough to stunt other parts of the plant and when you pinch it or hurt it in a minimal way it makes it capable of adding extra weight allowing the plant to get huge and produce to its maximum potential

6. I just pinch and twist slightly along the main branch of my plants during the veg stage a week or two before I flower. When the inside has healed it forms an elbow like thickness where it broke. Not only is the stem now stronger but more nutrients can travel up the now larger passage of the branch.

7. Also if u do the break by bending the plant down the hormones that go to the top of the plant where growth is concentrated will spread to the internodes and new branches will start to grow more rapidly.

8. looks like ill have to try it out. sounds like a buncha hooey.

9. This sounds to scary!!! Can some more guys jump in here and tell us how good this works. Im to scared to break my babies!

10. quite the contrary. Its not "hooey" its science. Try gently bending your plant over while pinching it at the bend. It won't break if you do it softly but will kind of snap on the inside. In a day it will be back to normal with a really thick stem at the break.

11. how often and were should this be done on the plant?

12. I normally do it during veg after the plant has about five nodes. I do it along the stem from near the bottom to near the top but this is if you don't bend the plant over otherwise just bend it near the bottom middle. You only need to do it once. Or you can do one break per week or shorter if your just pinching and twisting.

13. suppercropping should be done after the second set of broad leaves have develloped and ther is 2 inches between the first shade leaves and the second set of shade leaves (not between the "pop" leaves and the first shade leaves). you pinch 2 ways front to back and side to side make shure you dont smash it reely bad or bend the plant[​IMG][​IMG] you just want to feel an inner crack from both directions.
    this drawing is kind of crude but explains alot

[​IMG]

another thing you can do to strengthen the plant is to grab it a few leaf sections up and twist the whole plant a quarter turn in both directions

14. one more thing...you can tie down the top of your plant almost to the grount and it will be like planting five more plants becuz on the stalk of the original plant ther will be branches and when you tie down the top they will all grow strait up so you massivly increase yeild but it takes more time to devellop and you defenantly want to do this in the veg stage about 3/4 of the way through

15. isnt that just LST?

16. what is LST?

17. LST is Low Stress Training. When you bend the branches outward to cover more area and receive more light on the lower branches. There should be a sticky in one of these growing forums all about it.

18. LST is the way to go just bend em over keep them down low by bending the let them reatch for the sky when flowering.

19. LST/Fim'ing/Supercropping all are valid and good options to employ to increase yeild.

I think one thing most overlook is the importance of making the canopy as even possible... meaning you want the plant's top to be as level as possible. This allows all of the buds to receive the same light intensity as the main cola.

As far as which technique is better - I think employing ALL of them is the best option and is how I grow. I snap the main stem as detailed above, Fim the top and use LST to ensure that the lower branches get more light and can stretch up to meet the higher branches - thus making the plant more level...similar to SCROG'n.

20. I have been supercropping for years on & off, & it is good in certain circumstances.

It all depends on how big you grow your plants. If you grow relatively smaller plants, around 3 feet & under when finished, suppercropping isn't gonna do as much good as growing your plants above 4 feet & suppercropping.

HID lights are good, but the lumens drastically diminish as you get closer to the ground. So the idea is to take the tallest branches & snap them until you hear a snapping sound & you see a tiny tear at the bend site. It looks bad for the plant, but the plants rushes hormones & other nutrients to the tear site & repairs it in a matter of days.

Now that the tallest branches are even with the rest of the branches, all bud sites will get better light distribution & grow bigger & tighter.

The best thing to do is not over-crowd your plants & make sure they have at least 6 inches in circumference of room to the next plant.