Anyone know my problem?:/

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Merkle420, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Not overheated, under 2 cfls and 2 led's until my led panel gets here, have added calmag, in soul with small amount of perlite added.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Do you use any nutrients with your plants ?

3. It started before hand but yeah I started using a fairly weak solution about 4 days after the signs started.

4. A good quality grow soil will have all the food in it a young plant needs for the first several weeks. You're burning them up with nutes. Let them use some of the food in the soil first before giving more. Also....never never never EVER water a plant until you can lift the container and feel NO WEIGHT. If you feel any weight at all, that is water still in the soil. They hate roots sitting in wet soil constantly and you have to let the DRY OUT between watering episodes. The same way we don't start an infant out on steak and potatoes, we don't start baby plants out on full feeds. Back off with the chemicals and let the soil do it's job. It's plenty capable of carrying them into the first several weeks of their life without additional nutes. Nutes just feed plants. LIGHT grows plants. Read up on how and when to start nutes if you want to use them to your advantage. The more you know, the better you grow. TWW

• Like Like x 3
  5. It's not nute burn, the symptoms started nearly a weak earlier. This isn't my first grow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. what's the root zone ph? (the runoff) and the ec? level your giving it? ...

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

7. Just checked the soil ph, very similar to my last grow, 6.4-6.7. I'm going to go with hot soil/lack of light.

8. My advice: Make sure the ph of your water is dialed in. Stop giving nutes at this stage. Invest in a soil test kit. Tools to measure can be eye opening.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

9. if the ph is correct and your giving it the correct amount of nutrients...then yeah something in the soil is making it hot thus locking out the nutrients...flush with 1/4 strength nutes until you see it catch up with itself and new growth appear nice and green...then gradually bump up over 7 days or so to the ideal ec...as.for lack of light...well that's the easiest fix on the planet. I'll let you figure that one out. keep us posted

10. Could be simply over watering. Wait until pots dry up before watering again. Not knuckle deep but almost dried out. Cannabis like wet/dry cycles.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

11. Where are you getting overwatering from? He could of just watered but that plant doesn't look over watered... definitely a soil/root issue/ph issue in my opinion but not from overwatering... his leaves would be all hanging down if that plant was overwatered... and most of the time I do overwater (rarely) my plants don't just instantly turn yellow... all they do is just droop their leaves pretty bad... let it dry out real nice and boom... looks like the same healthy plant it was before overwatering.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

12. What about the water ph? You want to aim for around 6.0ph the test solution kits from the pet store for around 10-12 bucks work great and come with the ph up and down. Also if you are adding nutes to the water without ph'ing it you are asking for trouble as it throws it all out of whack.

13. So your telling me ovewatering cannot cause lower leafs to turn yellow??lol I had the same exact duplicate thing happen to me my last grow. All the others soil drained fine but that one was sitting on a funny angle, this not draining well. Usually I don't like flaming wars on forums, but your sarcasm isn't appreciated. He asked for plausible solutions, and I gave my opinion. My advice would not hurt or hinder his grow even if he followed all the advice given above this post. So what is your point?[​IMG]

14. #15 generic98547, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    There was no sarcasm in my post. And I do apologize for coming off a bit rude. I'm not on my A game this week apparently... I swear I thought you posted that same thing multiple times in this thread. Then I realized after I had posted it that that was the first comment you even made on this thread. I do apologize for that. However I personally think he's going to keep having these problems as long as he's growing in what he's growing in though. It's a mess but It could very well be a combination of things but I'm thinking OP has other problems besides the overwatering that he needs to address as well in my opinion. On top of the obvious light issue that is. But yeah OP definitely make sure the pots are light... I wouldn't go as far as white widow said because by then your plants will surely be dead... but you do want it to be significantly lighter than it was after a watering. I'd recommend filling up another pot with the same soil and keep it unwatered to give you a rough estimate.... or you can stick your finger in the pot but in that muddy mess honestly the top half could be dry while the bottom is still soaking wet and a mess.

Btw OP's leaves aren't like the leaves in your picture... his are curved and goofy looking which is why I think it's a ph/root issue on top of overwatering and everything else.

15. Agreed, I think the wood in his medium could possibility be causing his lower leafs issues to. To much of that and the wood tends to absorb the nitrogen thus causing deficiency.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yep and until he gets a ph test kit feedings are pointless as everything will be out of wack and the roots won't properly absorb the nutrients anyhow. And then when OP does fix the ph problem if that is a problem I am just assuming after all then his plant could very well get burned so OP I'd recommend after the soil dries out real nice to flush it with at least 3x as much water than there is soil and make sure the water is ph'd to around 6.0 that's just my opinion though then start with maybe a quarter strength feed if the yellowing doesn't go away. Whenever I have a plant acting funny like that a good flush can do wonders. But again let that soil dry first.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not over watered, at least my experience says so, same strain same soil, same water in the same ph range 6.7-7.1 as the last grow, the only difference is the light, if anything I gave these less nutes then my last grow:/

18. ph should be around 6.0 the plants not going to properly absorb all the nutes at 7.0 ph imo

19. I think it's something "hot" in that soil to that particular plant ...maybe it didn't mix up well and has an excess of said wood chips and it's causing lockout...whichever way that plant is blocked somehow ...it's not feeding...it definitely root zone and not environment or everybody would be going to shit right...?

• Like Like x 1