Anyone know if Blockbuster drug tests?

Discussion in 'General' started by hankh3nry, Oct 30, 2009.

1. I live in New York and have an interview soon. I was wondering if anyone knows if Blockbuster drug tests in New York?

2. I live in Ny as well. I had two friends work at blockbuster and they both got the basic drug test.

3. Is the Urine Test or Saliva Test basic?

4. It was a piss test. My friends had to go to a local lab type place and just piss in a cup.

I had to do this for a job of mine at a similar lab and it was really lax. They pointed me to a bathroom down the hall and let me be.

5. dont work at a movie store

youll hate your life

6. They're going out of business. Netflix and the internet are taking over.

7. Blockbuster?? OMG their still hiring?? From the way things are goin for blockbuster you won't have that job for long!!

8. If i remember right, the founder of Blockbuster was a big advocate of drug testing in the workplace, so yeah theres definitely gonna bea drug screen for that job...

9. Oh word, ive heard some other people say that Blockbuster does the Hair test though, what part of NY do you live in?
    <---- Newburgh

10. They used to hair test, because their former owner Wayne Huizinga owned the company that came up with the hair test.

I wouldn't consider a job at Blockbuster to be a long-term gig at this point, they're likely to close more and more stores as time goes on, until they go bankrupt.

Renting videos is a losing proposition these days.

Hell any store that sells a "media" like CD's, DVD's, Blu-Ray, Games, etc. is going to have to shift their market, it's all going digital.

11. my boyfriend worked there. he didnt get drug tested. but dont come into work stoned. they will know and they will test you if they find out.

12. #12 hankh3nry, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
    Man I've heard so many different answers on this one. As much as I want to believe they don't test I guess its just smarter to not smoke..appreciate all the answers here