Anyone know how to clean a scale?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by bsbud420, Feb 18, 2011.

1. So i got my scale mad long ago and shits great..but theres so much resin and bud residue on it now that sometime it weighs off. anyone know how to clean it without breakin the beam?

2. try rubbing alcohol and q-tips

3. q tip and rubbing alcohol :)

dip the q tip in the alcohol and gently rub the shit out of your scale...by the end the bitch will be polished brand new...

4. def dont press to hard on that shit. scale r VERY sensitive n too much pressure will fuck it up

5. i take myne apart very carefully and soak all the plastic in simple green (iso would work too) wipe it down and reassemble, fresh batteries, and callibration using 40 nickles=200g. it will be good as new.

6. FAIL

Iso destroys plastic brah

7. rubbing alcohol with gauze pads - q-tips take too long

8. lol ive done it no prob, it might fuck with it if you let it soak for days but it only takes a few minutes to get clean... hahaha Fail? really man?

9. Nickles are not accurate enough to calibrate a scale.

10. Scrape that shit off and smoke it

11. U guys are rediculous ive done it a shit ton of times and everything i weigh on my scale weighs the same as on other peoples scales. nickles are EXACTLY 5 grams, if there is even a discrepency it would be so tiny a regular scale that wighs to 1 decimal place wouldnt even pick it up, ive weighed several nickles on scientific scales that measure to 4 decimal places in chemistry class they all weighed 5.0001 grams. on top of that u calibrate scales with 200 grams (on myne) by the time you start wieghing bags that are only 3.5 grams its really not not noticable, u could use 205 grams and it would only be off by maybe .1 probly less... AND look what were weighing its really not like it needs to be extremely acuarate i can add .1 onto a sack and it wont even pick it up sometimes.

I dont understand why everyone on the net always has to say shit wont work when its obvious it does, cause i do it all the time and experiment with different methods to find what works the best/easiest... like saying iso destroys plastic, theres hundreds of types of plastic saying such a broad statement shows that you really dont know what your talking about. iso is sold in a container made of plastic so obviously not every type of plastic gets destroyed.

12. just soak it in bleach for a few hours... .. obviously I'm joking.. but what everyone else said is a good idea. I always just use rubbing alcohol & q-tips or cotton balls. this post was pointless.. but I'm drunk so that's my excuse :) ... and yeah I'm pretty sure a nickel would have to accurate.. or there would be nickles out there that are worth ~.002 grams (or cents) ..more than other nickles.

13. Agreed,
    i use a nickle to make sure my dealers scale,
    or my scale is balanced or just not tripping.

If it weights 4.9-5.1 your fine to go ahead and scale the bud.

As far as cleaning the scale,
    just be careful and use alcohol and a napkin or w/e.