Anyone Here An Airplane Pilot?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nizbomb, Jul 9, 2014.

1. #1 Nizbomb, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Sup blades and bladies,
    I doubt there would be many since this is a forum about marijuana, but I figure I'd give it a shot....

I've been interested in getting a Commercial Pilot License. I took a discovery flight and I haven't spent more than an hour not thinking about it. I didn't think anything could feel that amazing. I'm from the US so it's not the most expensive thing to get, but from what I gather, it's somewhere between $30,000 and $60,000. I'm not entirely sure on how to come up with that, but I'm sure I'll learn soon enough.
    I have to do something with my life. Something fun, yet challenging. Something I wake up wanting to do everyday. Otherwise I just don't see a point to life. I don't mean that in a suicidal kind of way, I just mean I need to have a purpose that I feel is important to me. I want that tough road so I can prove to myself that I can do whatever I put my mind to. I've never really shrived to achieve anything in my life, and i'm disappointed in myself for not having done so yet. 

anyway... I'm 23, so I still have time on my side.. at least that's what I keep hearing.
    I'm just asking for any kind of advice.  Small tips, stories, knowledge, describing what it felt like to first fly. anything 

thanks

2. #2 AlphaOmega420, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    my buddy got his private flying license for a few grand, i don't know anyone with a commercial license though 

3. I can fly a killer flight simulator...Until I have to land, then it turns into a fireball.

Pretty smooth up until then though. :cool:

4. I played Tom Clancy's Hawx

5. i've been fucking some older gal who has a son who is a pilot..... not that that helps any. maybe it does? I think the tip for that line of work is to either have lots of money, or join the air force and exccel..

6. Good God I hope not! Lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. You should be one of the cool, pro-nonsense captains of a commercial airliner. I've only had a pilot like that one or two times out of almost a hundred. It really made my day. They come on the speaker and crack a joke or two, maybe even express some ironically sinister humor.

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

8. sort of

[​IMG]

9. fuck that, i hate flying.

10. Had a friend in highschool who's dad was only a highschool grad, no college....worked his way up as a pilot and now flies like 747's...their house is huge.

But expect to have your background and abilities scrutinized to a T, comparable to a job with the CIA. You're dealing with 100+ people's lives so they don't mess around when it comes to anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I'm finishing up my private pilots lisence right now. I've got a couple more flights to do then I'll have my lisence! It's taken me over a year now ( wife got a job in Georgia) I go to school in TX. I'm working on becoming a commercial pilot or ATP pilot. It is definitely something I'm truly passionate about and want to do for the rest of my life. I know that weed cannot be apart of it forever but for now I do still smoke. But absolutely do not smoke then go fly. That's got to be literally the dumbest thing anyone can do. Besides if I screw up there are no second chances, I'm dead. So I don't smoke on days I'm going to go flying.

I've got many years of training to do before I can even think about flying as a job. I've gotten through VFR flying and next step will be instrument rating then commercial rating, multi-engine rating and most likely cfi ( certified flight instructor)

Problem is it takes tons and tons of hours and ratings before you'll even be noticed as a competent pilot that could be hired on by a company

If it's really your dream to fly don't let the ganja hold you back.

On a side note I don't have to take a drug test for atleast 5 years since an exam is required by FAA. Lol