Anyone heard of this "mango seed" myth ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SmokoLeeXCIX, Dec 14, 2018.

1. #1 SmokoLeeXCIX, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2018
    I've had a few older dope smokers tell me back in the days they'd put mango seeds and peels in there soil to make the buds stronger, but I've tried looking for validation in this but really I can't find any information.

The only plausible logic I can see behind this is maybe the mangoes mycrene content, as many of you would know cannabis is also high in mycrene so I don't know if this would have some correlative effect. Any input would be helpful thank you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. #2 DrDizzle, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    There’s variations of other fruits, if your talking the original OG’s , those dudes did! It’s just compost, mangos are not cheap or readily available where outdoor growers grew back then so it’s highly unlikely they were making a significant impact!

That being said, you definitely could be on to something there!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Mangoes clean your cannabinoid receptors and help maintain the system. Milk thistle does too. A higher omega 3 than omega 6 fatty acid diet is important too. Krill or fish oil capsule, or flax seed oil are good sources.

Taking supplements and probiotics helps the receptors in the gut. This is the largest system in your body and responsible for maintaining so many things regarding your personal health. I’ve learned so much since i got cancer, I wish I never took the chemo and radiation and just started on the RSO from day one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 dan min, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Ive thought about adding mango or bubblegum wrappers over the years. I better just buy another bottle of canna boost as i know this brings out flavour

5. Right on Soil my friend, I did not know that!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fruits in general make a compost with a favourable npk ratio for flowering, so it sounds legit to me.

7. What I think happens is the compounds in each different food break down differently and give off different combos of readily available foods
    Ive made compost using only melon and banana peels as my main body plus a shit ton of fan leaves and stems and stalks of older plants
    Really make a good mix plus other thinga