Anyone have reptiles as pets?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by TokePuppy, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I'm thinking of getting a reptile for a pet, but I am not sure which kind!

Right now I either want a snake, or a bearded dragon.

What do you all think, anyone have either pets and can tell me more about them

If they like being handled

If they bond

you know, stuff a stoner would want :smoke:

2. Get em young enough and the possibilities are endless.

Snakes are less maintenance than lizards. I would recommend a ball python as your first. Easier to find if it escapes than a corn snake...

My BP would sit on my shoulders while I was on the computer. Just chillin there.

3. I had a bearded dragon I rescued several years ago. He was older and in poor health but I helped him healthier and we bonded. He would lay on the couch and watch a movie, he would get excited to see me come to his cage. I have owned almost every reptile and amphibian one can legally own, and I will tell you that you can't go wrong with a bearded dragon.

My little buddy(Bogart) died about a year and a half ago, the lack of proper care from his early years finally caught up with him. I knew it was coming and spent as much time with him as I could, and I am proud to say he dies in my hands, getting his belly rubbed just like he always liked.

I would suggest doing tons of research, there are many reptile forums that are extremely helpful and friendly. Make sure no matter what you get you put the effort into giving it the healthiest life you can. Best of luck and let us know what you end up getting.

4. get a chameleon those things rule when your stoned. but i had a box turtle,best pet ever intill my dog ate a good portion of him:(

5. I've had a variety of reptiles over the years (beardies, skinks, swifts, corn snakes, red eared sliders, etc...). Reptiles are awesome pets as long as you take care of them.. But remember, you HAVE TO interact with them or they will not trust you.

If you decide to go the lizard route a bearded dragon is the perfect starter. They're widely bred, relatively hardy, and lots of FUN!

On the snake side i feel the two best choices are probably a ball python or a corn snake depending on whether you're more of a python or a colubrid.

Either way enjoy, they're all very rewarding pets!