Anyone have experience with Timber Grow Lights?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MstrChief, Dec 10, 2016.

1. I'm looking at buying a couple of lights from them for a 40"x40" and 24"x48" tent. I'm currently using a PlatinumLed P4 in a 36"x36" and getting about 1.25 grams/watt. I really want to get 1.5 or more on my next grow. Anyone have any experience using their lights? I tried calling them several times today, but could not get anyone on the phone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Talk to the man his self over at rollitup forum, handle is RainDan , from Timber. Dunno if he is active here, They are very popular right now and great reviews so far.

• Like Like x 1
  3. they are very reputable and get lots of positive feedback from customers. they also have pre-wired units and frames too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Price wise they are just a few bucks more than what you could source the parts for yourself. There is nothing special about what goes into their kits be it the basic kit or the full framed kit(frames are just aluminum L extrusion you can get at any hardware store) but for someone who can't do the labor themselves it's a great deal. COB's are starting to come down in price which is great for everyone building their own. The Cree cxb3590 I built my fixture with have dropped about $10.00 per COB in the last few months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I have a set of Timer Grow lights I am about to set up. Build quality is great and I got 4 cxb3590s ready to rock.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dude plat n timber go together like peas n carrots. lol

7. bought jus light kit. built a frame. nice bunz :)

8. Master Chief,

How is your timber grow going? I am 40 days in on mine and they look great. I still use my P4 in its tent fo my perpetual grow.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Im using a Timber 300 watt Vero framework in a 2x4 and a Platinum P9-XML2 in a 4x4. I had some PH issues during this grow so I'm sure it definitely affected this run. The P9 grew bigger buds using only veg+bloom switches (400 watts according to my kill-a-watt meter), but the penetration is lacking compared to the Timber Vero setup. I think the Platinum will definitely produce more gpw than the Timber light on this run. The worst I've gotten from the Platinum lights is .9 gpw and the best is 1.28 gpw. I've only used the Timber light through 1 cycle and made .9 gpw. I'll do one more run and try to avoid any issues to see if it's worth getting rid of the P9. I'll be looking to replace it with a 600 12 cob Citizen framework from Timber if the results show its worth it.

10. The P4 and P9 would be badass if Platinum used cobs instead of xml2 mixed with the reds and blues. I've rarely been able to use the XML2s during this run because the temps would get up to 84-86 degrees. The kill-a-watt meter shows 400 watts without the xml2s on and 585 watts with them on. The Timber 300 watts Vero is right on 300 watts. If I disconnect the potentiometer it goes up to 350 watts. I always run it 300 watts due to heat issues.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I know that, but all I care about is results. If old ass technology gets me more yield then I'll stick to that. People have tried to convince me to go with Amare, but most of the grows I've seen have gotten less than 1gpw. Haha. Those lights are more expensive too. We'll see what happens on the next grow. If the cobs beat out the P9, then I'll replace it with a 600 watt Citizen 12 cob framework from Timber.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Timber's Vero29 V7 6 pack
    Day 50 since germination
    Day 1 of flower. IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0209.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is that a 600 watt in a 4x4?

14. Yep. 4 18" girls in a DYI 20 gal RDWC GH flora (Lucas Formula) PH 6.0, PPM 500 Water temp 66F (chiller).
    Timber was backlogged with orders in Feb when I ordered. Took about a month before it arrived.

15. I have had two runs on my P4, both garnered about the same ~200gr from 4 plants, same strain, same clones. They were my first ever grows too. I am not sure if your gr per w is from each plant or all plants.

My clones are usually fairly small when I start them to flower, probably 24". No real training, I do try to fim sometimes but am experimenting with yields from different grow methods. Usually my clones are about 2 months old in total from clipping to flower start. I am looking at 5-6 harvests a year this way.

My timbers are flowering their own ladies. 600w clu048 over 6 plants that have a bit more room per plant as compared to my 3x3. I have been having to play with the height and intensity as they were bleaching some plants. I settled on 30" and 1/4 turn back on the potentiometer. Once stretch was done and buds started I was able to put them at 100% and 20". I tried unplugging one row for a day and had bleaching starting so I plugged it back in. Temps stay around 82. The tent is a 5x3 with three rows of timbers spaced 14"OCW 9"OCD.

Things look great under the timbers but this has a mixed load of plants. Two are clones from my first run that wouldn't fit in on the second run in my first tent. Those two clones were overtaking my veg tent and I had to cut 2' off while still in veg so they are considerably larger than the other plants growing under the timbers.

16. My current grow on the P4 is a mixed set too but I am trying this grow without the xml lights. So far stretch is done and flowers started and they are considerably taller then the last two grows with the xml lights.

17. #17 bsless, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    The amare has a much more efficient spectrum with higher CRI, DLI and ppfd with it's proprietary reflector lenses array. It also gives you full 280-740nm par spectrum coverage, including IR and UVB for increased resin production. Timber's good, but is just a plain single COB spectrum. Amare is superior and have been making Cree cob fixtures longer than any company since they are the first to adopt the technology for grow light application. There's a lot of grows here and other forums well over a gpw. Timber also runs hotter due to it's fanless passive cooling design.

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's what everyone says, but most grows that I've found are less than a gpw. I wanted the SE450 for a 4x4, but every owner that has it says it does not properly cover a 4x4. Someone even took measurements from different heights with a meter and proved that it is better fitted for a 3x3 space.

19. #19 Weed Dude, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Well I have a SE 450 ( also several other models) and you need to have the correct height, I run it in a DR 120 4 x 4 . You also need to utilize your space using a trellis. I averaged .71 gpw my last grow but I did not utilize my space efficiently ( no trellis). This strain also was an average yielder. I also have run well over a GPW using the 450. I agree with the Grow Boss it is grower talent which most influences quality and yield. I have recently ran a comparison test of a 600 watt HPS vs the SE 450 and the 450 outperformed the 600 W HPS unit. As for measurements the meter they use can be off by as much as 12%. If you run with lenses on you are going to need more height. You can check out my journals if you want more info. I have been thinking of moving it to the 5 x 5 and putting it on a light mover. This would allow me to lower the light without worrying about frying my plants once I put the lenses on. You also can go to AMARE's website they post the PPFD numbers there. The average 1K HPS normal yields about 1.5 lbs or .672 gpw Keep it green.