Anyone have experience topping Northern Lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hypoxic, Oct 6, 2013.

1. This is my first grow so I'm a little afraid to do anything to my babies but I might talk myself into topping. I am growing 4 feminized northern lights plants under a 400w hps in a 3x3 tent.

I read in a big write up that Northern Lights will respond to topping but that its not a strain that responds that much to total yield. So my question is if anyone has experience topping this strain what kind of results you saw and if you felt it helped all that much for this specific strain.

Thanks!

2. #2 Buffalo11024, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    I think it would be a good idea. producing a nice even canopy is always a good idea indoors. given that you are running 4 plants that could all grow differently, topping will keep them even and help them fill the space; allowing better light to reach more of the plant.
    My take on SOG style: I find I get a much better yield per sq ft and much better quality bud growing many small single cola plants rather than a few larger SC plants.

3. Dude, top away. No need to be hesitant.
    Just read up on it, or check out some illustrations on google images.

4. If you top fem Northern Lights they will die. j/k You're wasting a lot of light if you don't.

5. Im growing a Northern Light right now and she responded nice to the first topping..gonna be topped again here soon