anyone have custom pc's?

Discussion in 'General' started by paranoia13, Jul 18, 2005.

1. im bored so im gonna post my pc for people to look at(old picture i have dif monitor)[​IMG]

2. That's Badass Lookin!!! I like it a lot!!!

3. ya I'd have the top of the line pc right now--but why don't I?
    Well I'll give you a clue--the word starts with a M
    ...$

lol. Well I just got a job recently that pays pretty well--so I've been sorta holding out on any upgrades for my computer. I know new stuff comes out all the time and drops the price on some of the stuff I want. So I'm just holding out and then I'll go make myself a pimpin machine :) lol

4. lol well techniqually i cant have a job*cough*im old enough to be here *cough*but my ass worked under the table and this pc was $1400(in like january)

5. Ya basically when it comes to custom pcs. I won't go that much less then the best. (well of course theres always better shit out there--you know what I mean).
    Like I'd get the best graphics card avialable. The geforce 6800 GT pci. I'd get TWO of these suckers, have them running on my pci express motherboard, and overclock each of them with rivatuner. :)

For sure :smoke:

6. wow tobad the 7800GTX is out and uh the ultra is coming soon,anyway for what your suggesting i would assum youd get 2 7800ultras thats $1200 there then the top of the line amd 64 dual ore processor would be around $1000,$300 for 2gb tight timing ram $500 raptor raid array $150 high quality psu,$200motherboard,$90 top of the line heatsink and fan,$60 for aftermarket cooling on video cards,$150 for case
    i know i left out soundcard and id assum youd have onboard gigabit lan jacks

my estimate is $3650~for true top of the line(of course you can go super serious and get a motherboard that except 4proccesors make em all dual core and you have a 8core system thats gonna run you way over $8grand

oh wait you like overclocking so how about $1000 for phasechange cooling for the cpu:)

anyone else have a custom feel free to post a pic

7. well....seeing how I have no expenses--and I don't pay anything, and I have a good paying job. I see that as rather feasible actually. lol.
    But I do my research, so I'd find the best prices e.t.c. e.t.c.

But as far as ANYTHING goes--I have to have really good graphics cards, and a good processer. I don't take up much harddrive space or w/e
    The bios needs to have the cabability to be overclocked, and the graphics cards should overclock well and have a good cpu/gpu speed, and have a good amount of pipelines.

But ya--I already have most of the stuff you listed, case, sound card, e.t.c. The BIG stuff (i.e. gpu, and cpu, and motherboard/ram) are the main things of course. :) lol

And why would I need Raid? lol
    For backups? I could just get a backup powersupply. lol :p

:) :smoke: lol

8. raptors are small high speed drives,raid makes multiple harddrives act as one,and do your reasearch on what processors overclock better,get good ram with TCCD chips(if its around i heard it was dispearing when i got mine)and ask on hardforum.com about the best overclocking motherboard for your setup

9. [​IMG]

specs are in my gallery here

10. some cold cathodes,and lian li cd/flopp face covers would help,but glad to see atleast one person posting there system

11. don't want cathodes and i like the black contrast, but thanks...