Anyone Have Any Good Book Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by mariajonas, Jun 30, 2014.

1. I'm looking for a book to read, preferably a fiction novel.

Which book are you currently reading, and which is the best book you've read so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What type of fiction? Catch 22 is currently my favorite book but I'd also recommend The Count of Monte Cristo if you want classical lit. Maybe Starship Troopers, Ender's Game or some Asimov if you want to get into sci-fi.

Even the movie was great! My brother told me to watch it cuz he read the book in HS.......

Im sure the book is even better.....but its one movie I'll never forget!

Oh man, you have no idea how painful it is seeing you say that. Not only did the movie butcher the book entirely, you can't compare a movie like that to literature. I highly recommend reading it.

5. Yeah, ive never been much of a book reader.....tryin to get back in it...

But now im gonna go get that book lol Right on

6. The only books I've ever enjoyed I first read in middle school. In order from favorite to least,

The power of 5 series (first book is ravens gate)
    Underland chronicles (first book being gregor the overlander)
    Silverwing series and
    Alex rider series (first stormbreaker)

But I still re-read these books from time to time and I'll be 20 soon, because they're easy reads and are very enjoyable books. I definitely recommend checking out atleast the first 3 on that list.

7. Fahrenheit 451, The Northern Light, anything by David Sedaris

Doctor said I need a backiotomy

8. I'm reading Crime & Punishment by Dostoyevsky right now. I'm about halfway through. It is *amazing*. Getting all the Russian names straight (Raskolnikov, Razumikhin, Zametov, Zossimov, Avdotya Romanovna, Pulcheria Romanovna, Ivanovna, Ivanovitch, Pyotr Petrovitch, etc) is kind of a pain at first but you get used to it. This is easily the best book I've ever read and I'm not even finished with it. It's a good classic I think everyone should read.

9. 50 shades of grey was good. I wanted to read the 2nd book but the church lady (my wife) was against it so I tied her up and was going to have fun but then I woke up...

10. Well I read dream catcher by Stephen king a few times its pretty good. The heroin diaries by nikki sixx isny fiction but its fuckin crazy its a year of his journals from whrn he was a junkie I'm surprised he didn't die more than twice lol at one point all thr veins in his arms hands feet n shit was collapsed and he shot up in the vein in his dick fuckin nuts I've read that book like 5 times its just a crazy god damn book