Anyone have advice for building a "fake" wall?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by KB_124, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Hey all.
    I'd like to get into growing here soon. I'm not in a big hurry, as I just want to take my time with the hydroponics setup. Anyway, the main room in my basement is basically a rectangle, except for a spot where the water heater is placed, which is about 6' wide, 7' tall, and about 4' deep. I figure unless I decide to move the water heater (which I wouldn't think would be easy) I figure I'd have enough room for a shelf system with about 4 shelves, 4' long, and 2' deep.
    I was thinking of using flouros.
    ANYWAY, onto my question. I'd like to construct a wall to completely hide this little nook in my basement. If the basement were drywall, then I'd say it would be fairly simple. But it is cinder blocks.
    What I was thinking was to buy a sheet of 1/2" plywood, and about 30 cinderblocks. I'd use a wet saw to cut the faces of the blocks, then fasten them onto the board. then paint the whole basement to look the same color.
    Does anyone else have any ideas on this subject?
    thanks

2. i'm not sure if this is what ur lookin for. ur idea may be better. and would work.. but i was thinkin like a room divider u could use.there are some really nice ones. that's if ur not inot all the work with the cinder blocks cutting em(ugghh) are u using block ties to fasten them to the plywood? i guess u would eh, not much choice. i just hate messin with cutting cinder blocks, tiles all that kind of shit. i'd use a divider lol. or just build a reg. wall. why not?

3. you can buy sheet of foam bricks, cinderblocks, stone, anything...... buy afew 4' x 8' foam cinderbolck sheets and paint it and the wall the same color.... just nail/glue the sheet onto the outside of your plywood wall....

4. Hey, Thanks for the advice. I've been a lil bit busy past couple days, but I bought the lumber needed for drywalling the room. I'd like to know where I could find the foam sheets. Those would be perfect for what I want. I haven't seen anything like that in my local hardware stores.

5. no, your probably not gonna find it in a regular hardware store...... i'll look around to see if i can find anything