Anyone have a serious aeroponics set up?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by peachwhiteowl, Aug 11, 2004.

1. does anyone here have a serious aeroponics set up that they have been succesful with yield wise and that was easy to maintain. (no problems throughout plant life, growth spurts, lighting, evaporation)?
    I have one going right now with white rhino and white pearl. anyone that has one please reply. i'd like to know if there is anything i should be concerned about with this particular setup ad the advantages or disadvantages of choosing this setup over hydro.

2. I have a little knowledge as to the world of aeroponics. First, if you are going organic with this you need to check and make sure none of your nutes are clogging the sprinklers feeding the roots. Your question is too broad. What specifically do you want to know? Change your rez about once a week and check Ph and TDS about every other day keep Ph 5.5-7 while TDS depends on the stages of growth. Hope this helps.

3. my 2 cents.......
    DO NOT GO ORGANIC - you could, but it would last all of 2 seconds until your misters clog from the organic food.
    As far as success and yield go, its really the strain that dictates this. I have had extreme success with some strains in aero, and wished I had gone soil with others (hint : DO NOT GROW DOMINA in aero)
    As our bretheran mentioned, your question is WAY TOO VAUGE....You want our help? Help us out... What week are you in, room dimensions, feed regiment, nutes being used, light cycle, what kind of light, venting? all these things need to be addressed in order to be successful, and this is a SMALL list.

4. Random Advice:
    - Depending on what you use as your grow chamber (plastic crates, pipe, etc) make sure that the net baskets are accompanied with a rubber seal thing, you could get those at Home Depot in plumbing for cheap. Otherwise the spray may get out get on your lower leaves and burn them under the lights.
    - As for yield - I grow white widow and the results are quite impresive, I got a SCROG setup and every harvest I end up with 8-12 pounds from only 16 plants (I grow my girls 4-5 feet)
    - As for your nutes - dont go organic, as KemHaze said it will get your misters clogged, and its a bitch to clean out.
    - Get a good digital pH meter as your ideal pH is 5.4-5.6
    - Install a small filter on your water pumps intake (I got a 1/6 HP Rigid pump for 69.99 and it works great) as there is a 100% probability that your grow rocks will drop smal rock particles into the nute solutions which will result in clogging of misters
    - DO NOT add to many nutes to the solution (obiously) I use a good local 3 part product - Wild Thing and I add only 80% of the needed nutes, which gives the plants all the nutes they need and prevents burn.
    - When you are setting your system up make sure you have good access to every single side of it, so you can check the misters and fix if needed as well as work with plants.
    - Check out SCROG. Great guide by GreenMonster14 http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=48363
    Otherwise than that, dont do anything stupid and you will be fine.

Also as I'm a well known thread thief, please check out this one and give me a damn opinion. http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=107584