anyone from Colorado?

Discussion in 'General' started by domeslappa420, Dec 14, 2012.

1. me and my girlfriend were planning on moving out to Colorado to try and find work for the new found legalization of our friend Mary Jane. we are in our mid twenties and we are trying to decide where we would like to move to. we would like a warmer part of Colorado if possible since we are from Alabama and used to a warmer climate.

pretty much what I'm trying to find out is what is a cool town for a younger couple to move to that would possibly have job openings in the marijuana field. I would like to open my own dispensary but if that is not going to be possible then I wouldn't mind growing since I have had experience doing it.

any advice it could be getting on the subject would be greatly appreciated

-forrest-

2. Boulder, home of all the youngans. I spent a week there, was easily the best week of my life. So many people asked what classes I was doing. But everything changed once I spoke, they were confused as hell where I was from. Anyway still a good chill, town!?!

3. #3 NotWhatYouThink, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    Under the current MMJ rules, if you want to grow for money, you have to be a licensed dispensary or infused product manufacturer. And no, you can't sell to them from your basement grow, they have to grow their own. The new rules for recreational use will work on the same model. And existing MMJ dispensaries are first in line to roll over their licenses to recreational status.

Oh yeah, and since anyone can legally grow their own, expect anyone and everyone to sling their excess to friends and neighbors for next to nothing, just because they have it and it's worth a few bucks.

No gold rush for MJ$ here, but if you have good reason to be here, it's a nice benefit.

4. im in boulder and LOVE it. its great.

5. but good luck trying to support yourself with just mmj, theres like 10 bil others coming for the same thing, find a real job first..

6. Boulder, Fort Collins, pretty much all of colorado is dope. Good luck with whatever you guys do dude.

7. thank you for your feedback. so far the main 3 cities we have looked at our Boulder, Denver, and Montrose. does anyone have a good link to some information about starting a dispensary in Colorado? it's something that I would love to do I'm just having a hard time finding all be legal information that I need

8. Ahahahaha, so you ignored my previous post. Bring lots of money to hire the lawyers needed to get through the permitting process, building a facility to meet regulations, pass security background checks, all of that. Then keep in mind that as many MMJ dispensaries as there are in business now, that many have gone out of business.

Oh, and also consider that the regulations for recreational facilities won't even be written until July 2013. Meanwhile, numerous cities and counties have already outlawed recreational sales, as they're allowed to do under the amendment. And the Feds are hovering overhead.

Hint - you're not going to get the legal information that you need to open and operate a dispensary in Colorado on a stoner website. And it this is the best source you can find, fuggedaboutit.

9. oh I didn't even see it until just now I'm using the mobile app and it's kind of buggy. we just feel kind of out of place here since so many people are against smoking where we live. when I heard that Colorado had legalize for recreational purposes it was kind of like a light at the end of the tunnel because I absolutely love growing it and anything else that has to do with it.

10. Great place to live, having a legal personal grow is a great benefit. Anyone and everyone thinks they're gonna come here and make it their new career; good luck at that.

11. I live in Denver, on Cap. Hill. I just moved here from Chicago, and I absolutely love it here. Weeds cheap as shit, weather is amazing. Colorado is one of the most sunny states if I am not mistaken. Cap Hill area and downtown have so much shit to do if your 21.

If you do end up moving out to the Denver area hit me up we can cheech!

12. I'm in Fort Collins right now. It's awesome, but there aren't any dispensaries so if that's what he's looking to work at it isn't the best place. 301 passed to get 'em back, so maybe in a while.
    But yeah, I'm from Boulder and can vouch that there are dispensaries fucking EVERYWHERE haha. Definitely more dispensaries than fast food there haha

13. Same in Denver, Dispensaries on every corner.

14. just curious why do you say that most marijuana dispensaries go out of business? aka what is the main contributing factor to them failing

15. I am thinking about moving to CO as well. I think I can get a transfer from my work to a job there. I don't have any plans to get into growing or anything, I just would really like to live somewhere marijuana is legal. I could go to jail living here.

16. #16 NotWhatYouThink, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    Because when Obama was elected, and Holder said he wouldn't prosecute those who complied with state law, anybody who could grow a plant opened a dispensary, poured money into it and assumed they'd get rich. Which didn't happen. Too much supply, not enough demand. Dispensaries peaked and then started to fold. Which is exactly where we're going with the new legalization, especially since ANY ADULT can grow six plants, three flowering at any one time.

Any idea how much bud you can pull off one fat plant? Oh, and you can legally keep all of your harvest at the place where you grew it. Lots and lots of folks will be throwing a few ozs of their excess here and there just to get rid of it. Weed in Colorado will be worth squat. The place is already awash with it, and there'll be a whole bunch more coming down the pike.

17. if you love growing so much then it would be best to move to boulder anyway, cause you can grow here now completely legally. just not for business, because weed is going to be worth almost nothing here if it isnt already. theres dispensaries on every corner and people who grow have so much, its flying around everywhere. if your coming to smoke and grow, amazing. if your coming for business, forget about it

18. I just read my local paper; over here on the west slope, a local dispensary is advertising $175 ozs.

19. ok dude whatever you want, its your life on the line not mine

20. LOL, WTF, :confused: