Anyone ever work for UPS?

Discussion in 'General' started by JamesLee52, Oct 16, 2013.

1. #1 JamesLee52, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    If so, tell me all about it :laughing:

I should be starting soon and was kinda shocked that you only make minimum wage at the beginning. I was hoping for at least $10. :smoking:

2. My step-bro got caught on camera audio bad mouthin his boss and he got fired LMAO

3. JW did they drug test you?

4. Nope. UPS doesn't drug test entry levels. They only drug test drivers if they crash or if you get an injury so I'm told.

5. #5 Goldmine, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    i was there for nearly two weeks..  i worked on a 'belt'..  i just remember endless waves of packages..  some heavy.. some very heavy.   lots of xbox's going back/fourth for rrod service.. (this was 2007).

anyway.. it was hard.  real hard.  you have to move packages around.. manually.  and the training over the first few days was boring.  One of those things where you sit in a 'classroom' with strangers and listen to everyone mouth off.

oh also my dad worked there for a spell many years ago until he had his arm crushed by a giant package trolley

ps i didnt get drug tested

6. Ive wored at UPS for over a Year. Ask me anything

7. I just wanna know everything there is to know haha

8. Dont go in there and expect not to work? If you dont mind me asking what city you plan to work in? Union or non union? They dont drug test

If you can try to start off as an unloader cause loading sucks. Some managers can be dicks others are chill

The reason i ask what city is cause if you go union were in a huge debate right now trying to fight for better wages and ins.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I won't post my city but I live in one with a union.

10. Never worked for ups specifically but i was in that line of work. I can tell you, unloading trucks fucking sucks. 50' truck completely stacked, you have to take each package out by hand and uually wheel them down this roller thing into the loading dock. Always takes a couple hours and sucks then you have to help stack the packages where they belong.

It can be exhausting work but co workers are pretty damn chill usually in this type of work

11. worked in houston. loaded truck to conroe. two man truck. by myself. every night.

they called me "slimer" coz the exertion and 100+ degree heat made me vomit quite often. but i'd chug my gatorade and BEAST MODE IT

12. That private huh...

Well if you plant to work at

Philly
    Louiseville
    Chicago
    Idianapolis
    A few hubs in the ls angles area

Vote no and dont lsiten to anything union reps or ups management tells you

13. Thats not how unloading works. You just get in a trailer and put them on a conveyer belt which shoots em out to the sorters and they figure out what goes where

14. Maybe at your place, like i said i never worksd for ups specifically but did unloading work. We had these long metal rollers that we would setup, one or sometimes two people would get on the truck after we take off the pallats and start rolling boxes down the rollers into the dock. They would scan and sort boxes as we unloaded but there wasnt enough people for the amount of boxes so after the teuck was unloaded the guys that just got done unloading usually also had to elo scan and sort the boxes in the warehouse

15. How did you unload ups trucks if you never worked for them?

16. Lol he didn't. He said he was in that line of work.

17. So why is he commenting here then? Try for an unload job trust me. Your body will thank you

18. I think that's what the lady said I would be doing. I don't remember though

19. Go for it! You going union? The benefits are great right now but you wont get yours till you get your year in. After 90 days you get a dollar in pay

But with this new contract many things can change depending on the final verdict on it

Peak season is coming soon and november and december load count will be extremly high!

If your fat (no offense) this wont be a good job for you. Oh and drink tooons of water and do your stretches they help

20. Haha thanks. I'm pretty fit actually, so I should be just fine