Anyone ever used Invisalign for their teeth?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ean, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Growing up I never needed braces and I have to say I got really lucky with straight teeth with no orthodontic work. However, after I got my wisdom teeth pulled my bottom teeth began shifting a bit. In order to stop this I figure that I would get a short 6month course of invisalign just to keep my teeth from moving any further.

Anyone here ever used these? What was your experience like?

2. I have a few dentists in my family who approve of them. They do work for most people, but they are not necessarily the best option. Sometimes teeth need to be rotated more than moved, which would favor braces most likely, but your best bet is to go ask your dentist.

3. Yeah I asked my basic dentist, the guy that cleans my teeth and does my 6 month check up, and he really doesn't think I need braces because its not that bad. I guess its something I notice more because I look at my face in the mirror each day and feel my tongue move across the uneven area. This was my reason for going to an orthodontist(who does invisalign) since its such a minor shift

4. I had them, I wish I had used them like I was I was supposed to. Teeth still came out fair enough though

5. Did you not wear them for the full course or just leave them out for periods of time? Did you take them out when you smoked?

6. i had invisalign instead of a normal retainer after i got my braces off. it smelled bad, felt weird, and was impossible to keep track of. i had to get four replacements within two months, and when the orthodontist gave me a normal one, i had stopped giving a shit about perfect teeth.

7. I have an Invisalign retainer at the moment. In some respects, it has been more bothersome than braces were. Taking it out to eat is the biggest. It made me realize that I eat something a lot more than 3 times a day.

I always try to take mine out at a sink so I can give it a rinse, otherwise it smells like saliva which isn't really bad but isn't roses either. However since I always wear cargo pants or shorts keeping track of it hasn't been a problem as I just keep the case in my pocket at all times. In fact, since walking around with it in the case makes so much annoying noise it makes me keep it in!

So, yeah, it would probably work fine for you for just six months as sort of a retainer role. But it's surely something you'll have to get used to.

Also nah I've never taken it out to smoke, except if I'm eating at the same time.

8. I was ok with them after the initial excruciating pain from changing to the next one, they were a huge annoyance while eating, keeping track of them, cleaning them... Long list. I didnt smoke too much during high school but I'm sure i did take them out.