Anyone ever used Greencleaner For Mites

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by beerbrewer, Dec 6, 2014.

1. I have a horrendous mite problem. 3 weeks from harvest. These fuckers...I was spraying neem oil once a week until about the second week of harvest. I knew I had mites but was remaining diligent spraying them. After the second week of flowering I switched to azamax. The mite problem started getting worse so I started spraying every 5 days. Mite problem got even more worse so I started making neem meal teas and spraying with that. Mite problem is out of fucking control now! I am at my end with these little bitches. I almost considered avid but that's not really an option this close to harvest. I have a good friend who told me to try greencleaner. He swears by it. Has anyone else on here ever used it? Results?

2. #2 Mad_Prophessor, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  3. Otherwise, I have read on here that lavender oil is an effective treatment for spider mites. I have not seen any documented accounts of this in grow journals or anything, though.

4. I'm pretty sure that Lavender oil is a main ingredient of Mighty Wash but I dunno for sure.  Mighty wash works pretty well and may be another option for you.  I used to buy it by the 5 gal (pretty spendy), but now I try to just not get them.  ;)  

Cut the lights down to 11 hours on.  They need 12 hours of light to reproduce.  This will help to slow their attack.

5. #6 donothinggardening, Dec 6, 2014
    You are correct. The active compound is Linalool. It supposedly causes their eggs to melt.

6. Don't believe the hype.  MW doesn't do jack shit to their eggs.  You have to stop them from maturing and procreating.  That is why it is a must to treat and then re-treat within 3 days.

7. But has anyone used Greenclean?

8. Sorry bro, we are just worried about your problem and want to help.  Apparently, nobody on here has any input to give you on that product.  Good luck with those little bastards!

9. It's all good. I'm worried about my problem too and appreciate the help everyone has given me. I spent $25 on 4 oz of this stuff and it comes highly recommended but was curious about any experiences. It might just be a Cali product so far.

10. Late in flower is always the toughest  You dont want to ruin your medicine, or smoke bugs.  The suggestions I have made are what I would do in late flower if it came up.  Even water will drown some of them at this point. 

11. Thanx bud. Welp. I bought it so might as well find out I guess.

12. Don't use it until you know for sure it fuck up your ganja.  Like I said, even spraying water will have an effect on them.  You could get 6000 lady bugs from amazom that would eat them for like $20.  Or Green Lacewing larvae will eat the shit out of them too.  I always look natural first.  Cut down to 11 hours light now and slow their reproduction.

13. What is in it?  It says it can be used the day of harvest.  

14. Corn oil. Soybean oil. Active ingredients. Inert listed as water, soapbark, iso, sodium chloride, mg sulfate.

15. #17 beerbrewer, Dec 6, 2014
    I remember now that a guy I got clones from a few years ago told me to use canola oil as an organic spray. Hmmm.......

16. #18 beerbrewer, Dec 6, 2014
    Also heard that a mild milk solution works as it leaves a waxy surface on the leaves that mites hate.

17. #19 Mad_Prophessor, Dec 6, 2014
    Water and oil just suffocate the little bastards.  That's why either of them will be useful, but neither will rid you of them.  I hate those little fuckers with a passion.  I took a vacation last year to NYC for New years and when I came back, they had invaded a NL5 crop.  I was barely able to salvage them.

18. I use green clean dude actually. I run down 15 mls per 24 Oz. The math works out tor like 11.25 but it's helped and I haven't seen one mite since I started using it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk