Anyone ever used Exhale co2?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by toolzor, May 22, 2018.

1. I just bought a bag of the stuff for shits, it says it takes a month for it to really produce what they promise, but if nothing else, I just wasted $30

I bought one bag for now (little low on funds at the moment) but intended to add another 2 bags later on this week.

Has anyone used them? Thoughts on them in a 4x4x7 tent? I was kind of concerned that it would just get sucked up into my carbon filter and do nothing. I put it about half way up on the side wall opposite from my filter thinking it would fall onto my plants, and then eventually probably get sucked out.

Attached Files:

2. I bought one of those, plus a co2 meter, and the bag didn't raise co2 levels at all.
    Worthless.

3. Did you let it do it's thing for about a month before you took the measurements though? It specifically says it won't really do anything until it's been mixed and open for about a month

4. It was sitting in my tent for 3 months, and did nothing.
    My breathing into the tent did much more to quickly raise co2 levels.
    They tell us to wait a month so we won't squawk early on, and then forget.

Not only did it do nothing, but there's no theoretical reason why it should. Any extra co2 the bag might produce gets sucked right out the exhaust. co2 makes some sense in an airtight setup without an exhaust fan, but that's not what most people have.

5. With your exhaust running you're wasting your time. The co2 is removed before the plant can utilize it. Co2 grows are done in a sealed environment with no exhaust during the light hours or no exhaust at all

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. I kind of figured as much once I bought it and was trying to figure out where to put it, so the co2 is supposed to fall down onto the plants, but at the same time, it's being filtered and sucked right back out. I kind of figured this was the general answer most people would give. The guy at the hydroponics shop that I got it from said he's used it but couldn't really tell a difference, but I still figured I'd give it a shot anyways.

Thanks for confirming my assumptions fellas.

7. Agreed. I bought one for my Gorilla Shorty, a tiny tent at 3x3x5'11, and after two months there is no difference in c02 levels. It says to hang the bag up high since the c02 is heavier than air and drops towards the ground, but as you mentioned my exhaust fan is essentially right next to the bag, sucking any c02 produced right out the tent. I honestly haven't tried lowering the bag to where the plant is, but I did read somewhere that even for a small grow area you would need multiple bags to make a difference.

8. Yeah I read that I would need 3-4 or so to make any kind of difference, but even though you're putting more bags in there, it's still going to get sucked out. I'll leave it in there and let it do it's thing but I'm not going to get any more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Co2 might be heavier then oxygen but it's not too heavy for an exhaust fan. Doesn't matter if you lower the bag, the exhaust will remove it before the plant can utilize it.

10. More bags would just equal more wasted money with an exhaust running. Co2 enriched grows are sealed grows without any exhaust .

11. Oh I know I'm with you on that, I was just saying from what they say about it, assuming you were in the right environment you need more bags, but I'm with you here, with an exhaust it just gets filtered out.

12. they also tell you that it takes a month to kick in cause thats how long until you cant return it. They say it last 6 months that is of course when its new......
    when i bought my one for shits and giggles it came looking like the last grower sent it right to me out of his tent after he used it lol
    I would never recommend this thing to anyone at all save your money

13. Well this one I know was new, they separate the fungus from the stuff it eats, you have to mix it yourself.
    With that being said though it's still more or less looking like a waste of money but, I've got it now, I'll let it hang for a few months before I decided to throw it away

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Don't toss it do you have a garden outdoors? it really works well as a garden soil lol

15. No, but I'm thinking about planting some lavender and sunflowers with my kids. I didn't literally mean throw it out, I just mean before I decide I'm going to take it out of the tent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. if you bought it new and it looks like its been used, its probably the version that is already mixed. depending on how long its on the shelf, it may have lost a lot. i've used one without any exhaust and found it did help but i never had a co2 meter. and yea, its not going to work if you are exhausting the air.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yup, just didn't think it through before buying it. Oh well it's in there now I'll let it do it's thing and reuse it later in my garden