anyone ever smoked hops?

Discussion in 'General' started by p_dj, Mar 2, 2007.

1. i was just watching the how to brew your own beer video on sam adams website and noticed how hops resemble pot and i know that the plants are related so i was just curious if anyone has smoked them before? I realize they dont have THC but does anyone know what chemicals they do produce and a side question, since pot plants are related to hops can u brew beer with pot? even though there is no fat involved in the brewing process to allow the thc to bond to is there a way to incorporate some type of oil in the process? and i already know of green dragon i was just thinking that after you brew then cool you can already determine the alcohol level in the beer so is that alcohol enough to bond the THC? :rolleyes: also they used "dry hopping" where they add more hops to it after the heat process so maybe make the beer with hops then "dry buddin"

2. Obviously you've never smelled hops. It smells like ass.

The only thing that ties it to weed is that it's a plant. All it does is flavor the beer anyways it wouldn't fuck you up.

3. it is tied to weed by genetics as well because you can graft mj plants to the hops vine, but no ive never smelled hops so thx for info

4. Many brewers try to conserve part of the original composition by adding precious hop varieties ('aroma hops') near the end of the boiling period. This procedure, known as 'late hopping', may be combined with 'dry hopping', a special technique involving addition of hops to beer just before packaging. By doing so, some original hop constituents are directly transferred to the aqueous matrix thereby imparting a discrete hoppy character to the beer. The growing success of small brewers (microbreweries, brewpubs) suggests increasing recognition of the opportunities that the use of hops presents, in particular for developing various hop aromas and flavours.

5. GC members will smoke anything!!

lol

6. haha, id stick with nugs

7. haha my dad said he tried smoking hops once. said it was the 'most fucking horrible thing' he's ever done.
    said he couldnt bear to smoke enough to try and get high.