Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone ever smoke this pure sativa strain ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sandiegodank, Oct 21, 2011.

1. I was wondering if anyone had ever smoked Thai strain.. i copied that information of course... where is this bud at ??

grade: A+

THC: 20-25%

Genetics: pure Thai Sativa

Origin:
    Thailand

Breeder: Dutch Passion

Flowering Time: 10-14 weeks

Yield:
    500-1000 grams/m2 SOG

Good For:
    Watching Oliver Stone's Platoon.

2. Green House has a pure one called green thai

3. dutch passion is a company known for distorting their strains

4. if i told you i shit out candy would you believe it?

5. there are several strains that have 20-25% THC, this isn't some mythic strain, and it's not unbelievable that it exists.

6. mesurement of thc isnt down to a T
    the way they mesure thc levels is they look at the bud of a strain under a microscope and make up a number based of how plentiful the thc is

you clearly know nothing about growing because if you did you would know that every strain has tons of different phenos so the thc level they tell you doesnt mean much
    that thc level is based off how one plant reacted in one condition

7. Measuring Terpenes including delta-9 THC is down to a science. Its WAY more scientific than using a microscope and coming up with a number. Green House tests for over 65 terpenes alone. The THC level they tell you does mean a lot. Its usually an average of all the times theyve tested.

Arjan's Haze 1 (Feminised) by Green House Seed Company Amsterdam

8. Actually they use gas chromatography.

Essentially they vaporize it and record the contents.

9. Yeah thats guys a fucking idiot. "thc measuring isnt down to a t" youre right its a highly perfected science. Dispensaries cant lie about cannabinoid content.

10. #11 dirtridge, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
    Just because they say they do, doesn't mean they report the actual numbers.

That said, if it says 20-25% it will undoubtedly be quite concentrated.

Also, know that measure of other cannabinoids, (CBN and CBD to be specific) is pretty difficult with gas chromatography (according to the last research I did in the subject) and both are MAJOR components of ones high in their moderating effects as well as their effect on appetite/pain relief.

Also, if 20-25% is a true measure, it was only reached through great grow technique and immense care. A great strain grown poorly will not be great.

EDIT:
    Yes, they can.

Do you think there is a regulatory board/government agency/set of labs which organizes this? They slap an impressive number on a lot just to get customers. There is no statute requiring dispensaries to accurately report cannabinoid content. Also, finding a lab to handle illegal substances is also difficult, so do you expect that they perform GC on every plant they get?

Some dispensaries might test some of their plants and accurately report, but it is not required.

11. A lot of what the dispensaries display is from a really good batch they had, etc. they can't be sending every pound or two that comes in to the lab for testing so I wouldn't go off of those, but yes testing for THC content, etc. is not something we have trouble doing in a lab :D

12. Yea, I'm sure there's more advanced methods that aren't being utilized beyond gas chromatography, it generally just gives THC content and then CBN(or CBD I forget), the rest of what it shows are so minimal it's difficult to deal with. I only brought up gas chromatography because that's what the lab up in the bay area that all these cali dispensaries seem to be using, uses.

13. hey bro you had a good point and i agreed with you. but calling the dude an idiot isn't cool.:wave: