Anyone ever seen a mess like this?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Buzzer777, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Particulars:
    Big Blue Cheese Feminized from MSNL
    3 weeks old
    Started in Jiffy Starter soil as usual transplanted to 40-40-20 FFOF-FFHF and Perlite. 5 gallon smart pot.
    NO Nutes as yet, only Silica.
    Light= Meizhi450 - 20" above plant top.
    watering PH= 6.3-6.7
    NOT overwatered or underwatered..has looked funky like this since the 1st set of true leaves!
    MUTANT Maybe? Should I cull her (Nevada legal plant count limits) or see what develops?
    Thoughts?
    TIA.

10-124-17 mutant Cheese.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Let her ride!

Sent from the toilet

3. it may have a virus 'Buzzer'....mac,,

4. Thanks mac..thought about TMV but there are plants all around it that have not caught it..TMV is supposed to be very contagious..I sure hope not! Been that way since birth and the 1st set of true leaves.

I may cull her anyway but it also could be some wild mutant that develops into an unknown lilla..(like GG#4)..LMAO

5. I relish the challenge of the anomalous; one of my newest batch is expressing it's individuality early on.
    IMG_20171022_082410.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Interesting..I would also like to raise this, just to see, but I do have 11 other plants (from seed and clone) vegging and flowering and don't want to lose any if it is indeed a virus.

7. Non compliant State here so paranoia is the only arbitrator for my plant limits.

8. TBH..I am more concerned with a possible disease than legal plant limits..Nevada would prolly not give 2 shits for a plant or two over a limit..I am going to germinate another of the Big Blue Cheese to see if it also looks the same..

9. Looks like symptoms of over watering or possible n tox

10. Thanx, This has done exactly the same thing since the 1st set of true leaves..NOT over watering..Nutes have never been given so it can't be tox..Soil germinated in was Jiffy starter soil (read orig. post plz) which has nothing in it to cause N Tox. I am advising MNSL now for their own good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hello, that lady looks like it has gotten to hot, From Heat issues. Fox Farms is known to be hot and you should never use at full strength, But like I said. the deep veins along the edges of your leaves is extra deep which leads me to believe it just got to much heat from lights or something, cool her down a bit, i've also noticed it very dark green, like a nitrogen overdose. (but you said not that)
    I think she will be okay. keep up the good work and good luck..... :)

12. Thanks Bear420..temps have not gotten above 80 d F as measured with a temp gun..I also thought of temps (lighting 18/6)..
    The FF soil is hot but she has shown this since germination in Jiffy soil so..WTF..She is dark green and seems to be getting N from somewhere but I have no idea where..I have used the exact same setup for all seeds grown this year..I still am thinking a disease or genetics..We will see if MSNL has any ideas..This bitch is stumping everyone..LOL

13. Huh, I may wait for her and see what develops, FFOF FFHF, I am wondering if that had anything to do with it.
    You know what I did once, I just took it out of the median she was in and rinse the roots off, bought some Promix HP and repotted her, it took about a week, but she came back and looked great.
    I your case I may just wait until she comes up with a bit more height, and see if she lightens up and those deep veins on the outer edges start to fade back. I am going to look in my Medical bible and if i find anything I can try and help you out.... good luck I sure hope you can get it figured out.

14. Man..greatly appreciated..Will prolly await as you said, since if it is TMV..damage and contamination is already done..I handle my plants daily for training etc..Sooo, I dropped another Blue Cheese from the same batch just to seee!
    Since this shit showed when she was in the Jiffy soil..I do not think that is but who knows except the plant itself;)

15. Right on. Well I sure hope you figure it out, keep me posted if you would, I am interested in seeing what this comes down too. HAGD. your very welcome.... :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. hi Buzzer i agree with couple other guys here it could be the FFOF,FFFF,,,,some times you can hit hot spot in the planting mix where the mix as not been mixed in properly at the place that bags it up ,,,,,did you take all the planting mix out of the bag and give it mix up your self ,,,,when i open a new bag i all ways tip it put on to a large mixing tray and just give the mix a good mixing together and break up any lumps in there...then re-bag it,,,wear a mask and glove while mixing it ,,,it just to make sure the nutes in the planting mix are evenly spread though the mix .....mac,,,

17. Thanks Mac..I would tend to agree, but the plant looked identical BEFORE I transplanted from the BLAND Jiffy Starter soil, to the Fox Farm Mix.
    I mix my soil out in the garage in a wheel-barrel to avoid what you are saying..

I dropped another seed from the same batch last night and we will see what is what..Mean time, if it is a virus..the damage is done already I think..(I touch all my plants daily for training etc.)

I have named her the FRANKENPLANT..LMAO!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Have you ever used that light before?

It's my understanding that clones/seedlings need to be acclimated to LED lighting...

19. Yes..this is my 3rd grow with the Meizhi(s)..The seedlings always start out under a CFL..after I transplant to a larger container, I slowly acclimate them to the LEDs.

.I did hear back from MSNL and they too thought it was hot soil..not TMV. I told them too that she always looked like that under CFL and with Jiffy Starter soil.
    Thank You and I think I will let her go and see what happens..
    Just maybe a genetic mutant that produces ONE POUND buds..ROFLMAO!!

20. Years ago I had similar problems. Dumped the fox farm and never looked back. Just give it plain water for 2 weeks. Should rebound. You may be seeing two separate issues. Sometimes the leaves could be funky as a seed but now it looks like N toxicity. May have just been hard too see one because the other issue disguised it. . (Or pesticide burn)