Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone ever heard of the 'Brazilian Technique' ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mr.420Man, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Does it really work? Found this on a post a while back and can't find shit on it, doesnt sound factual and I dont see how it'd work either, but if someone knows otherwise let me know..:

"you can also try the brazillian. a technique brazillians know about that gets you higher then you will ever be. what you do is, inhale, close your mouth and use your fingers to shut your nostrils, then try to blow out thru you nose. you dont do it too hard, its similar to poppin your ears. hold it for a few seconds, the longer you hold it the more you will feel it. exhale and feel your self too high for words."

Oxygen Deprivation... :confused:

2. Maybe cause the thc would be getting absorbed by the mucus membrane and all that just like snorting stuff. Could work but I'm not sure

3. [quote name='"Native612"']Maybe cause the thc would be getting absorbed by the mucus membrane[/quote]

probably this, but im not sure either.

you should try it and report back with results

4. I think your best bet for getting the highest is to exhale completely, take a hit, remove your mouth from the piece and take another deep breath then hold the smoke in for 3-5 Mississippi seconds. That in my opinion is going to be the best way to get high. The "brazilian" way sounds like you could cause some oxygen deprivation and and damage to the sinuses if not careful. There is also a tube that runs from your ear to your nose that can easily get infected and cause a painful ear infection that usually leads to nausia, loss of balance, extreme pain, and the rupturing of the ear drum. So if you do do it use caution and do not do it when sick or with sick people.

5. #6 ignila, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
    Upon reading it that actually makes sense.

When you try to exhale your diaphragm and core muscles work to increase pressure in your chest cavity. If you plug your nose you are creating a slightly higher pressure in your lungs which in turn increases the partial pressure of individual gasses in your lungs relative to the blood in your capillaries.

My understanding of respiratory physiology leads me to believe that an increase in the partial pressure of THC in your lungs should actually increase absorption into your blood. I believe it is Henry's/Fick's Law that governs this if you want to look at the math. Try it out and let us know if it works. Cool post

6. ^this makes sense. SOOOOOO I guess it could increase the amount of thc absorb but if your gonna do that make sure not to hold it in too long!

7. Damn, for real? Someone let me know if this works, I'd try it, but I'm dry right now.

8. Hahah can someone on here confirm or deny the brazilian techniques effectiveness?

9. I tried a couple of times but I just felt lightheaded afterwards. I don't feel any higher than usual so I think the Brazilians messed up on this one lol!

Well... Back to 2K :)

10. lol typical Brazilians trying to have the best way!

11. They already have the thickest bestest women what more do they want!?!?

12. *cough* columbians *cough*

im italian but still, columbians > brazilians

13. [quote name='"Whats an Allah"']

*cough* columbians *cough*

im italian but still, columbians > brazilians[/quote]

Boy you crazy haha we should dedicate a thread to what country has the baddest bitches :)

14. Im quite high but this thread made me chuckle. I don't think it would make too much of a difference though.

15. When smoking joints I just smoke them like a cigarette, none of this "holding for X seconds" business. Your lungs are very efficient at absorbing whatever molecules enter them and I can say from separate experiences it makes no difference whether you hold it for 1, 3 or 5 seconds, you get just as high if you smoke it like a cig. I've even held the smoke in for as long as I can and all it did was make me feel sick. You're just doing more damage to your lungs the longer you hold it in.

16. I did try it, can't say for sure I got higher though. Probably placebo and/or oxygen deprivation. Shit thanks for all the replies.