Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone ever hear of a dwi for weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by M3thod Man, Aug 5, 2012.

1. My buddy was pulled over yesterday and apparently the cop thought he was high so he tested his piss and he got a dwi over it. He was slightly high but had no bud or paraphernalia in the car. This kinda freaked me out hearing this cause ive never heard of it before :eek:

Anyone else ever get a dwi from weed without even having anything illegal in the car?

2. Dwi can mean intoxicated on any substance.

3. I don't think the cop can legally do a drug test.

4. Drunk & fuckin high aha had to say it

5. I call bs he can't legally drug test him . Thayer can't arrest him and take him to jail for a drug test and he can't just make him take it outside the car on the side of the road.

6. In my state if you have a drivers licsence then they and drug test you anytime your behind the wheel

7. How would he know if he was high then or 20 days ago? It doesn't make sense

8. You say fuck the police now, but what if someone's trying to kill you? You'll probably call tge police. Same as if someone robs you or something like that..

9. They take you to a hospital to get tested.

10. That's fucked up, bad situation. If you refuse a chemical test there are serious (mandatory) repercussions regarding your license and the cop can charge you anyway based on his observations alone which may include "smells" that he can totally bullshit about. That's still better than consenting to a chem test though, all that does is add to the cop's case against you. Add that to his exaggerated "observations" and the court has good leverage against you, will take a decent lawyer to walk away without probation.

Of course anything can happen, just giving my opinion. I sincerely hope that everything works out for your friend.

11. yes you can get a dui while high. i was with a buddy and we were chongin 2 fat blunts and when they were about gone we got pulled over. long story short he got a dui. but they didnt find any bud cuz we dipped around a corner when we saw him coming and i threw everything out. but i walked back later and found it haha. and i know several other people who have gotten them while driving stoned too.

12. Driving under the influence

Driving while intoxicated

neither are specific to alcohol, or any drug for that matter.

high=intoxicated=under the influence

EDIT: ^drunk is included in "high"

13. Never allow a cop to bust you with DUI on weed. There is no way that it can be proven that you are driving high, unless you confess.

The other day i get pulled over speeding while smoking weed. The car wreaked and the girl next to me was baked. My eyes were red and glossy and the cop called me out on it asking if I was drinking or hitting the pot. I told him no and that my contact lenses were irritating me after a long day. He had no probable cause to search the car, and he let me off without even a mere citation for going 49 on a 30

14. You call bs? thanks for the input man. Thank you so much. I don't know what i would do without it.

Think whatever you want, it happened. If they can force you to blow into a breathalyzer, why not make people take a piss test?

15. lol, that's the type of guy who yells about his rights as he's being dragged to a holding cell, weakness on full display. :devious:

16. Hi
    Same case happens with me 2 years ago that i was caught in wrong dui charges.